Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas in San Antonio - Day 10

On Friday it was time to do some SERIOUS Family Time!
Our first item of business...eat breakfast at the Guenther House.
(Richie needed a little extra help to get out of bed.)
This restaurant is AWESOME!  It has become a tradition for our family to eat here at some time during the holiday season.
I ordered the biscuits and gravy and it was the BEST biscuits and gravy I have EVERY had.
 Every year at the Guenther house they have a Gingerbread House of AMAZING-NESS!
It is always fun to see what they use for each part.
One of my favorites were these little polar bears sitting round the fire, cooking their fish!
 By the time we sat down JACKSON WAS HUNGRY!
Don't worry, he loved eating parts of my biscuit.
 He was just so cute sitting in the high chair.
 Can't get enough of this guy!
Our family is a little too big and they have to separate us into two tables. 
 They said this was the mature table...I am not too sure about that.
 Jackson got to spend some pre-breakfast time with Gramma!
 And yes..I know we are in Texas, but it was a bit chilly outside this morning.

After the Guenther House one car went to WalMart and the other cars hurried home to get ready for Mom's Surprise B-day Party. Her birthday is on Christmas, and the grandkids weren't going to be here for the actual Christmas day and we wanted Mom's birthday to be special, so we decided to throw her a SURPRISE PARTY!
And it worked.
We surprised her!  
We even surprised Dad.
Apparently, he was not part of the email conversation that had been going back and forth with all of the kids.  He had no idea what we were doing.
 The night before Madi and I picked out all the decorations.
We had to get the birthday hats!
Jackson was asleep when we first got home...but don't worry..
by the time Gramma got there, he was AWAKE!
In fact in this picture, it looks like he had a little bit TOO much milk to drink!
He was so excited to get this party STARTED!
We also got Noise makers.
Madi sure does know how to pick out the party gear.
Look at the special Birthday chair.
AND all of those presents.
Ok not all of them are for Mom...some are our Christmas presents.
Madi ALSO picked out some cool glasses and a cool hat for the Birthday girl!
 Nolan was sure to get his seat that he loved soo much.
He just loved sitting here and looking at the little snowmen who play music.
 I give my mom an ABC book each year for her birthday.
This year I gave her the ABC book for Arkansas so she could remember the birth of her 11th grandchild.
 Nolan loved to carry the book around.
Mom got some really fun things for her birthday!
And, I think she liked the whole Surprise party thing.
 Later that afternoon Zach did not leave Jackson's side.
He was his buddy for quite sometime.
 He even helped him get into his little jumper.
 Later that night Andrew hung out with the kids upstairs and played some Wii games.
 Richie put together a puzzle.  It was a hard one.  Every piece had a straight edge on it.
Yikes.  I am glad Richie took that puzzle on!
The rest of us played a CRAZY game of Mexican Train.
It was sooo fun.  
We laughed a little bit toooo hard.

The kids were sleeping outside in the tent again...
at one point Madi came inside CRYING.
When asked why she was crying, she answered..."ZACH BIT ME!"
When asked, "Why did Zach bite you?"
"Because he thought I was Samantha!!!!"
HaaaHaa!  That was quite funny.

Needless to say...we had a great night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails