For Christmas this year we are very lucky and blessed to be able to travel to TEXAS! We are really looking forward to spending time with family and friends...and let's not forget the AMAZING-LY warm weather. We have packed our shorts and flip flops and we have hit the road.
The first leg of our trip was on Wednesday. We left right after Andrew was done with school and headed to Utah. We stayed the night in South Jordan. Unfortunately we really weren't able to spend much time with Andrew's parents because they were at Andrew's Dad's Christmas work party. Fortunately, we were able to hang out with Kate and her two kids.
We had fun playing some games with her.
We woke up BRIGHT and EARLY Thursday morning, 6:00 AM to be exact. Andrew's parents were kind enough to wake up with us and we spent a little but of time talking and opening some early Christmas gifts. They gave us a HOMEMADE copy of Perudo. A really fun dice game. We were so happy to get that game, because we love it! After talking for about a half hour, we decided we better get on the road. Our goal....LUBBOCK, TX! It would be a FIFTEEN HOUR drive!
Jackson DID so good on the trip!
He ate!
He slept!
He played!
He got bored sometimes!
He ate some more!
And then REPEAT all of the above pictures.
Luckily, I sat in the back seat with him.
I think it would have been a harder trip if he didn't get to see his Mom all day long.
We had the passenger seat down the whole trip.
That is where the computer went.
We watched ALL the Harry Potters on the way down there...
And then on the way home...we will be watching The Lord of the Rings..EXTENDED versions!
We finally made it to Lubbock.
We rolled in at bout 10 PM.
We stayed at Shanna and Dane's.
Dane was already awake, but Shanna was kind enough to wake up for us when we got there. We talked for a little bit and then we all went to bed!
The next day we headed over to the Davis home.
Jackson had a great time playing with Spencer.
Spencer had a great time playing with Spencer.
This just gave me a brief look into what it was going to be like being at my parents house.
I would not have to really entertain Jackson at all.
Seeing how there will be a ton of Aunts and Uncles...AND COUSINS to keep him occupied!
Jackson always LOVES to see all the NEW toys at other people's houses.
His first time sitting in a High Chair!
We gave him some Kix cereal...
He wasn't qite sure what to do with those.
So, we gave him his rice cereal and he loved it.
I guess he isn't QUITE ready for Finger Foods!
Jackson LOVED meeting his LUBBOCK family.
Here he is with his Lubbock Grandpa.
His Aunt Shanna!
His Lubbock Grandma!
Every time I spend time with the Davis family, I am reminded of how blessed I have been to have them in my life. They truly are just an extension of my family!
Jackson got a new outfit for Christmas!
Had some fun playing the piano!
And loved being with Uncle Nathan!
Our trip to Lubbock would not have been complete if we did not make a trip to Texas Tech University. I LOVED that we were there to see the lights on.
This has got to be my favorite thing about Texas Tech.
The Christmas lights.
I haven't seen it for FOREVER!
So glad I was able to share this with Andrew...
and Jackson, but he was asleep in the back seat!
As we were driving home from campus...we saw this small little encampment..
OCCUPY LUBBOCK..
REALLY??? REALLY??
So glad we were able to stop in Lubbock to see everyone...
Next stop...SAN ANTONIO!
No comments:
Post a Comment