Friday, August the 17th we had a Minute to Win It Party! Morgan was kind enough to wait until we got back in town to have this party. I am so glad she did, because it was a blast!
Morgan decided to do a salad bar. It was perfect. Light and delicious!
Why do we not do more salad bars at more parties.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
For
those who have never seen Minute to Win It, I'll just tell you that
it's just people doing silly tasks using everyday items within a
minute's time. Which equals hilarious! Andrew Schauerhamer found a great minute
countdown on YouTube and so that made the Minute that much more intense.
We divided up into three teams and then each person on the team did two of the games.
Jackson got to join us for the party. He was such a good little boy.
He even slept through most of the party.
GOOD JOB!
The first task was Breakfast Scrambler.
Morgan cut up boxes and we had to put them together, like a puzzle.
I represented our team and it was much harder than what I thought it was going to be. Needless to say, I would've lost a life on the game show.
The next game was Dizzy Mummy
Each person had to unroll a roll of toilet paper by mummifying themselves by making 360 degree turns with their body.
It was pretty fun watching them run around in circles!
The third game was Face the Cookie
Andrew got to do this one. They had to have a cookie placed on their
forehead and maneuver it using their face muscles so that it made it into
our mouths. Funny to watch and even more funny to do!
Luckily, Andrew and I had just seem this one done on the actual show and so Andrew ROCKED it!
The 4th game was Penny Hose.
This
is where there are two pennies, one at the end of each leg of a pair of
pantyhose. They have to retrieve the pennies without using the other
hand or anything else. I am pretty sure I would NOT have done very well at this one!
The Fifth game: Nose Dive
I got to do this one, and I was glad I did! It was pretty fun! We had to
put Vaseline on the tip of our nose and use it to transfer cotton balls
from one plate to the other
It was fun to shake my head like a crazy person to get that dang cotton balls off of my nose!
The Sixth game: Keep It Up
This one was AWESOME! They had to keep a feather in the air for a minute.
It got PRETTY crazy! They got pretty into it and Andrew S. was all over the room, even out of
the room and in the last second his feather went behind the table and he
had to try and dive to keep it up. He failed... Oh well..
The Seventh Game: A Bit Dicey
Using
a knife clenched between your teeth you have to stack dice on the tip. Andrew did this one for our team. He said it was quite easy. He finished it in a few seconds!
The Eighth Game: A Jimmy Fallon Game
This
one isn't technically a Minute to Win it game but Rachel Erickson who
helped out with the party thought it would be fun to try. With their
hands tied to a stick behind their back they have to pour water from one
bottle into a jar on the ground.
We had such a GREAT time at this party. It is GREAT to be back in Ashton and I am still just so happy that they waited for us to be back in Ashton to have this party.
Here is a compilation of some of the movies we took. It really was a FUN night.
(Thank you to Morgan for the pictures and some of the descriptions of the games and such!)







2 comments:
When I read your blog, it makes me miss daily notes at EFY. I wish you were giving me daily notes on what needed to be done everyday. They were basically hilarious. "Don't tell the counselors that the security guard at Wal-Mart is a mute!"
AWESOME! The compilation was so much fun to watch.
Post a Comment