Ok, back to our trip home.
Thursday, the 18th was our whirlwind trip down to the Provo area to see who we could see.
We first went to Aunt Pat and Uncle Edward's home in Spanish Fork.
We got there around 4:30ish.
We had a great time talking and eating some YUMMY snacks.
Pat had made some chocolate zucchini bread and some Brazilian lemonade.
Both of which are AWESOME.
We also went on a tour of the house and backyard.
Someday, I want to have a backyard like Aunt Pat's backyard!
Oh, and of course they met Jackson.
We were only able to stay for an hour, but it was great to see them!
Our next stop was down in Payson.
We went to the Hinton's home.
I know the Hinton's through EFY.
Matt Hinton is my all time favorite EFY Session Director and through the years I have continued to keep in touch with him and his family.
I absolutely LOVE his girls.
I try to go to their house as often as I can.
The whole family LOVED seeing Jackson.
The girls were pretty good at taking turns holding him.
Jackson also did pretty good being passed around as much as he was passed around.
Here is Matt Hinton holding Jackson.
He absolutely LOVES little babies.
It was fun to have a baby boy in the house as they just have four GIRLS!
It is crazy to see how big these girls are getting.
I am so glad that I know this family.
They have been such a blessing in my life.
At one point we gave Jackson a break from being held and he just loved getting all the attention that he got from the girls. He was all smiles. Sure did love all the attention.
Sure do LOVE the Hinton Family.
Thanks for letting us stop by. Sorry it was for such a short amount of time.
We got there at 6 and had to leave by 6:45.
Next stop...the Wilk at BYU.
We were suppose to be there at 7...
we were a little late and got there at 7:15.
At the Wilk we got to see Cindi Davis.
For those of you who don't know, I lived with the Davis family in Lubbock during my Sophomore year of college. I lived in their basement, so they call my their Basement child and they are my Lubbock Mom, Dad, brothers and sisters.
They seriously are an extension of my family.
I love them so much.
Cindi was in Provo for Education Week and luckily she was able to meet up with us to meet her "basement" grandchild.
It was so nice to see her!
We also were able to see my really good friend, Carrie.
It has been quite sometime since I has seen Carrie, so it was nice to see her an catch up with her for a bit.
Here is another pic of my Lubbock Mom, Jackson, and ME!
Again, we weren't at the Wilk for very long.
We left there around 8ish...off to our last and final stop!
The Hopkin Family!
The Hopkin Family are or friends from Austin, TX!
Shon Hopkin taught at the Austin Institute and also worked EFY.
I got to know him and his family through EFY and was very excited when I moved to Austin to know that they were there. It made the move a bit easier.
They are very close to both Andrew and I!
He had a great roll in Andrew and I getting together.
We even lived in their home and took care of it while they were gone for three weeks after we were married.
Needless to say, WE LOVE THE HOPKIN FAMILY!
He just got a job at BYU so they have moved to Orem.
It was so much fun to stop by and visit them.
We can't wait till they get their house all renovated and we can come by and see them again.
And, like everyone else...
THEY LOVED JACKSON!
Oh goodness...we had a very long day!
But, man it was WELL worth it.
We left their house around 10 and started for back home to South Jordan.
We were so tired.
And wouldn't you know, there was construction and it took us two hours to get home.
It should have taken us 30 minutes.
But, we had a great day and man was it good to see everyone.
The next day we had to go back to Orem because Andrew left his phone at the Hopkin's.
Good thing, because then it let us be able to go visit Julia!
One of my REALLY good friends from EFY!
She just had a baby in July, so we wanted them to meet.
They had a great time together...and it was so much fun to see Julia!
Goodness gracious, we are blessed to be surrounded by such good family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment