Friday, June 3, 2011

2011 Walmart Shareholders' Meeting

I woke up at 4:30am this morning to go to the Walmart Shareholders' meeting. I have to say that this blows stuffy boardroom meetings out of the water. They opened the show by showing off all of the international associates they flew in. There were thousands from countries like India, China, Argentina, South Africa, England, Japan, & Chile. Of course I have a close tie with Chile and loved seeing all of them there.
 
 I met several of them and many lived where i did. It was cool to talk to them. 
Then things really got started when the host came out, Will smith. He was fantastic. Way fun and funny.
 Here are some of the Big wigs for Walmart. I am a fan of all three. Mostly Doug McMillon. Walmart has a great International program and there is a huge chance I can work for them in Chile, which would be awesome.
There were some great acts throughout the day. All were fantastic. I highly recommend you check out The Canadian Tenors. Way good. Of course what better way to close out the show then to bring in the Black Eyed Peas. That was fun.
Honestly I have the best internship ever. They even paid me to be there. The event was fantastic and it was good to see where they plan to go in the next year. They are on top of their game and Walmart is only going to grow and expand in the future. We have great opportunities to help peopl
 save money and live better.

To watch the entire meeting click here.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

ummm, wow. I have never been to a business meeting that fun. I am a little jealous. :) Glad you guys are having fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails