Saturday, September 17, 2011

Carseat Cover, Birthday Sign, & Cream Cheese Delight

Yes, I know, I still have a TON of stuff to catch up on.  I am not even done with our trip back to Ashton, HOWEVER..I thought I would put what I have been up to lately.  I of course have had quite a bit of time on my hands, and I have been keep it busy...mostly with taking care of Jackson, cleaning dishes, folding laundry and watching TV!  But, I have done some FUN projects among all the day to day things!  Here they are...
 Last Saturday, I decided to make a carseat cover for Jackson. I took the fabric that I had left over from making his quilt and put this together. 
 I am not going to lie...when it was all said and done, I was way proud of myself.
 I even got fancy on the stitch I put on it.
I am so glad that we have this now.
That next day we went to a Court of Honor.
It was outside and it was so nice to have this to protect Jackson from all the bugs flying around.
Thanks again Morgan for teaching me how to quilt.
Next project...a Birthday sign.
Andrew's brother is serving his second tour in Irag.
His Birthday is Monday and if he were here, we would call him and sing him one of our original birthday songs.
However, he is not..so we decided to make him a sign that we would take a picture of and email it to him.  This was the first sign. Not too shappy...but after looking at it, I realized I was making a sign for a SOLDIER!!  A soldier who is protecting OUR freedoms.
I decided he needed something more from me.
He needed me to take more time and put more effort into his birthday poster.
It was the least I could do for him...so this is what I came up with!
 Not going to lie...I was very PROUD of the finished project.
Not to shabby having just posterboard, glue, and scrapbook paper.
It took me quite a while, but I really enjoyed doing it.
It was fun to do something creative.
AND...Jackson even slept the WHOLE time I was putting it together.
That was his birthday present to Mike.
 We took some pics with it and then sent them to Mike.
Oh my gosh!  Jackson is sooo cute!!!

2 comments:

The Davis Family Three said...

Your carseat cover is so cute! I have loved having a carseat cover with Presley.

The Scotts said...

So creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails