Friday, April 2, 2010

The Floors Step TWO

Time for SANDING!
Here is a BEFORE
Here is the AFTER!
Here is how we got there.
When I got home from school, Andrew was working hard on sanding. Now, remember that I was in my school clothes and the bedroom was all taped off. I could not get to any clothes that would allow me to get all sandy and dirty. So, of course, I thought, WELL I AM GOING OVER TO THE SCHAUERHAMERS! SEE YOU IN EIGHT HOURS!

I started to feel bad. So, I weighed out my options. In the garage I have FOUR tubs of DRESS-UP clothes. So, let's see what those tubs had to provide for me! Who would have thought that we had SUCH the perfect outfit for the JOB!

While Andrew sanded, I vacuumed! It was ever exciting!
This is Andrew pointing out that there are EIGHT layers of paint on these floors.

At the end of the night, Andrew let me use the sander. It was exciting!
Here are some close ups on our floor. It was rough. Have way through of sanding we realized it would take a LIFETIME to get these floors down to the RAW wood. At that moment we decided we were going to add one more layer of paint to these floors. Instead of staining, we are now going to PAINT!



At the end of the night we are ready to PAINT! Unfortunately we have to wait until the weekend! I am excited to see how these floors are going to turn out! Hopefully, by next week you will be able to see the final product as well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails