Andrew and I got FOOLED this year!
Let's tell you the story!
Margie had Parent Teacher Conferences today so she didn't get home until after 6. When Andrew came home he went straight to the sink and turned on the water. He got a really nice SPRAY from our water sprayer. He automatically thought that I had done that to play a prank on him (it didn't help my case that when he googled pranks, that was the first one that came up, of course that is what Margie is going to do!) So he quickly went to my water bottle and put, cayenne pepper, mint extract and vinegar in it. That way when I drank some in the middle of the night, I would get the shock of a lifetime. (YUCK!) Well, right after parent teacher conferences we went straight to Play practice. We didn't have much time to be at home at all! I had no idea what happened to Andrew with the water or what was in MY water. It wasn't until after Play practice that we started to get REALLY fooled.
When we came home from practice at 9:15 we went to get something to eat. Andrew made himself an English muffin. When he opened up the silverware drawer this is what he found.......
Let's tell you the story!
Margie had Parent Teacher Conferences today so she didn't get home until after 6. When Andrew came home he went straight to the sink and turned on the water. He got a really nice SPRAY from our water sprayer. He automatically thought that I had done that to play a prank on him (it didn't help my case that when he googled pranks, that was the first one that came up, of course that is what Margie is going to do!) So he quickly went to my water bottle and put, cayenne pepper, mint extract and vinegar in it. That way when I drank some in the middle of the night, I would get the shock of a lifetime. (YUCK!) Well, right after parent teacher conferences we went straight to Play practice. We didn't have much time to be at home at all! I had no idea what happened to Andrew with the water or what was in MY water. It wasn't until after Play practice that we started to get REALLY fooled.
When we came home from practice at 9:15 we went to get something to eat. Andrew made himself an English muffin. When he opened up the silverware drawer this is what he found.......
What sealed the deal was when Andrew asked me to turn on the water. I did, just like any trusting, obedient, dense wife would....I TURNED on the water. When I was just as shocked with the sudden spray of water he knew that was not my genius idea. He then did what any KIND husband would do and told me NOT to drink my water and what he put inside of it. Oh, goodness. The Schauerhamers got us good!
The night was not over here. We got into our car and went over to their home. When we got there we went ahead and drove their car over to their parent's house down the way. (They leave their keys in their car all of the time! Welcome to living in Ashton) After moving their car, we went into their house and exclaimed how their CAR was missing. They laughed and didn't believe us. Well it didn't help that I was laughing. Andrew told me....you have to stop laughing. I tried, but I really can't help it sometimes. Well, while Andrew was talking to the Schauerhamers in the back room, I was searching through the cupboards for our stuff.
Finally, after the invite to eat dinner over there everything was out in the open, but it was a bit awkward there for a bit. We all knew what was going on, but didn't want to say anything about it! After about ten minutes, we found out that our silverware was actually in THEIR car!!! The one we had JUST moved. Oh goodness.
It was a great April Fool's Day!
Good Job, Schauerhamers!!!
Way to get us!
But, you must know that it does not have to be
April Fool's Day to play pranks on you!
No comments:
Post a Comment