Welcome, Welcome!
Samuel Stephen Walker
joined our family on September 25th, 2012 at 3:58 PM!
It is a LONG story!
Sit back and enjoy!
Tuesday morning, we all woke up quite early. 6AM! Andrew was getting ready for work and I was taking care of
Jackson. I soon noticed that Sammy
was not moving around this morning like he usually does. I ate something and drank a TON of ice
cold water and nothing. I started
to get a little worried. I told Andrew
and he said, “Let’s go to the hospital!”
So, we did! And, boy was it
a good thing we did! When we got
there the Labor and Delivery wing was full! There were no empty rooms. They had to put me in a Triage room. I didn’t care where I
was, as long as I could be hooked up to a heart rate monitor and make sure my
son was OK!!! I have never felt so
much relief as I did when I heard little Sammy’s heartrate!!! Needless to say, many tears were shed
at that moment!! The nurse did say
his heartrate was doing some odd things, so she was pretty sure we were going
to be monitored for a while before they decided if they were going to let us go
home or not. A couple minutes
later my doctor came in and told me the same thing. She was quite concerned and didn’t feel comfortable sending
me home until I could feel him move like normal. If I didn’t she would feel more comfortable performing a C-section that
afternoon. I was ok with
that. I was wanting to do a VBAC,
but whatever it took to make sure Sammy would be safe, I would do!!! Well, after a while that was the
decision that was made. A C-section would be done at 3PM. It was then 7AM! AND I wasn’t aloud to EAT or DRINK
anything until AFTER the C-section!
This was going to be a LONG day.
Luckily, they were able to get me into a Labor and Delivery room, which
was more comfortable. The rest of
the day was spent laying around listening to my son’s heartrate.
At 3 things started to happen. They started prepping me for the C-section and letting me
know what all was going to happen.
It was quite weird all day knowing I was going to have a baby that
afternoon and not feeling ONE contraction. They took me in for the C-section and after I was done
getting the Spinal and was laying on the table ready to go, they let Andrew
in. This was a much different
experience than Jackson’s birth!!
His was an emergency C-section and it was all a blur. By the time they told me we were going
in for a C-section and the time he was born was all of 20 minutes. This time it was much more
relaxed. I didn’t have my arms or
legs strapped down. I was much
more coherent and the doctors let Andrew stand up and watch the whole
thing. He said it was pretty
surreal seeing me cut open!! Ahh,
that is weird.
Well, at one point,
I could tell the doctors had started going much faster and were really trying
hard to get Sammy out. Come to
find out, he had a VERY tight knot in his cord. A VERY TIGHT KNOT!
Andrew was so flabbergasted when the doctor showed it to him. She tried to untie it and couldn’t even
get it loose. The cord was also
wrapped around his neck TWICE. The
way he was moving on Sunday…none of this even came as a surprise to me. Doc told me she was sooo happy I
followed my instincts and came in.
If I had waited to go into labor, Sammy would not have made it. I KNOW the Spirit led me into going to
the hospital. I know Sammy is a
VERY special spirit that was sent our way. Pretty much all pregnancy I felt there might be a chance we
would not be coming home with a baby. I know that helped me be EXTRA alert to the Spirit’s
promptings. And because of that
Sammy is with us today. I am also so
thankful for modern medicine and knowing that because of it, Sammy is here!
Samuel Stephen Walker was born at 3:58 PM. He was 8 pounds 9 ounces and 21 inches long. A much bigger baby than Jackson.
Andrew was able to go get Samuel and
bring him over to me. He looked
just like Jackson, at first glance.
After you look at him for a while you realize he doesn’t look like
Jackson, he has his own looks and his own sweet personality.
After Jackson was born, I had to go to
recovery for two hours. Which
meant I didn’t get to hold him until two hours after he was born. This time, I went right back to the
Labor and Delivery room and was able to hold Sammy after a couple minutes of
being born. He did have to go the
nursery for a bit, because his breathing was off. Andrew went to the nursery and was able to FACETIME me and
show me all that was happening down there. After a bit I was holding my son! I loved not having to go to recovery! It was PERFECT! Looks like the rest of our kids will
come by way of C-section.
Our first family photo!!!
The rest of the day was of course spent in the hospital room
with our son and showing him off to anyone we could. The Draper family, our good friends who were watching
Jackson for us, came up to see Samuel and bring Jackson to see his
brother. Jackson didn’t quite
understand what was going on! He
had such a confused look on his face.
Looked like he was thinking…”Ok, this is not home, but Mom and Dad are
both here and what is Mom holding?”
He was so excited to see Sammy though. He smiled at him and tried to poke his eyes out…that is his
way of saying, I LOVE MY BROTHER…right?
High five Samuel!
High Five!!!
High Five!!!
Jackson doesn't quite know what to do with little Samuel!
But, look! He is already telling Samuel all about life!
My brother Harvey came up at about 9PM. The first family member to see him. It was great to see Harvey and I am so
glad that someone is our family was able to see him on the day of his
birth!
No comments:
Post a Comment