Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mini Thanksgiving and ER

Growing up there would always be some tragedy that happened at the Uminski home on Thanksgiving. Once we got older and all did separate things the tragedies stopped. Unfortunately, it looks as if the Thanksgiving curse has found it's way into our home!!! Last year Andrew ended up in the ER. This year, I did!!!! We went up to Denton to have a Mini Thanksgiving meal with the Garners, cousin Linda, and some friends of the Garners. When we got there in the morning I started to put together my pumpkin dessert. When I opened up the can of pumpkin the can opener didn't really work very well. I tried to open the rest of lid with my thumb and well...that didn't really work out too well for me. It sliced my thumbprint almost completely off. I quickly went to the sink to rinse it with water and yelled for Andrew to help. He ran in the same time Branson asked if I needed a band-aid to which Andrew responded...nope she needs stitches!!! Within minutes we were out the door heading for the ER.

The ER went rather quickly. I only fainted once. They were numbing my thumb..I was feeding Sammy. He started numbing my finger and then I looked at Andrew and I says I'm going to faint. I'm going to faint. Next thing I knew I was laying down, Andrew had Sammy and the doc was telling me I would be ok!! Gosh I hate fainting. It is such a weird feeling.

Welp five stitches and a tetanus shot later and we were back over at the Garners. We were only gone for an hour and half.

My goodness what a morning. We finished the dessert and waited for the turkey to cook and then had a wonderful meal.

It just seems that when there is a turkey in the oven tragedy strikes. I think we will eat ham for now on for Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails