Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Random Happenings, Andrew's Bday, Mom Visiting

 We went to Goodwill and found this PERFECT basket for our blankets.
Jackson LOVES it because he can use it to look outside the window.
From that window you can see the pool.
I think Jackson likes looking at that!
 My sweet Jackson!

 Just loving life.

The week of July 30th my Mom was able to come up and visit.
It was so wonderful to have her here.
She wished she could've come up earlier to help me to unpack.
But, I loved having her after the fact, so that we could just hang out and enjoy eachother.
She stayed at Harvey's house and came out our way everyday.
One day was spent making FREEZER meals.
That way we would have easy meals when Samuel came.
Thank you MOM!

Also during this time, my mom's cousin's son passes away.
We were all able to go to the funeral and spend some time with family we haven't seen for a while.  It was nice to be so close to them and that Mom was able to go to everything.

Kate and Branson ALSO came this week.
They are moving to Denton and they got in Thursday night.
They stayed at our house and then Friday, they watched Jackson for me so that I could go to the funeral.  It was a very nice service.  You could feel all of the love that was felt for this young man.  It was nice to be there to support family!

 After the funeral we came home and had Andrew's birthday celebration.
I made him his favorite meal...Lasgana Rolls!
 He got a nice card from JAckson!
 A lunch box and a card game!
 From me?  I was going to take him to the Texas Raceway for a Car Show!
 I made Andrew his very own ICE CREAM cake!
I even made the little crunchies that are on Carvel Ice Cream Cakes!
 The rest of us ate this yummy cake!
It was Funfetti, with Coconut icing and then we had coconut fudge ice cream.
 While Mom was here...I went to my Doctor's appointment and met my doctor for the first time. She is awesome!  I am so glad I found her.  She said Sammy is doing very well.
She took time and explained the complications of a VBAC and everything that could go wrong.  She also told me that I would not be able to get induced since I had a CSection last time. I didn't ever know that.  At any rate...I really like her and I am so glad that I found her.

While I was gone at the doctor, Mom found Jackson in the basket with her Kindle!
He is just relaxing...reading a book!
 Love this shot of him!
 One of the other things that Mom and I did while she was here was work on picking out fabric for Sammy's quilt.  It was so fun to go to the fabric shops.  I am excited to get working on his quilt.  We found a really fun pattern that calls for a TON of different fabrics and colors.

Jackson got quite tired looking for fabrics and fell asleep.
We used a diaper to protect his head from the quilt!
Ha ha!
Shopping is a pretty tiring ordeal!

It was so fun to have Mom here to help out with Jackson and to go shopping with.  So glad we live close, so that she can come up and visit often.
Can't wait for Sammy to come, so she can help out for that too!!!

Love you Mom!
Thanks for the visit!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails