This definitely is NOT the easiest BLOG post to write.
July 6th was the day we packed up our U-Haul and pulled out of Ashton.
We knew this day would come, eventually, but it didn't make this day any easier.
We have really loved living in Ashton.
We have loved the small town feel to life.
We have made some amazing friends and will miss everyone so much.
It was always so much fun to walk down Main Street or go to Dave's and see someone we knew.
Pretty sure we will never live anywhere else like Ashton again!
How blessed we are/were to live in Ashton, ID!
Jackson and Carter looking on...wanting to help pack the truck.
Sad they won't be able to grow up together.
They would've been the BEST of friends!
Shelby came over to help watch all the kids.
It was fun having her there!
The Wilson's, Stegelmeier's and Schauerhamer's came to help!
We would not have been able to do it without them.
When we moved the dresser, THIS clip was just hanging onto the wall.
Not sure how it happened, but it was pretty cool that it did!
Looks like Jackson is ready to go.
Here we are STILL packing the truck.
Man, we have a TON of stuff!
We started to get really worried we wouldn't fit everything.
AND WE DIDNT!
We did have to leave some things behind!
Sweet Hailee giving Jackson a hug good-bye.
The Stegelmeier's left first.
I hated saying good-bye to them.
This past year we truly have become really close friends.
I loved working with Britney at Ashton Elementary and then being stay at home moms together.
It was really fun to go out to their farm and just hang out.
Andrew worked in Scouts with Curt and they were able to really get to know eachother at those monthly campouts. Gosh! We will miss seeing them all of the time!
It is meant to be!
Adam wore a Dr. Pepper shirt and his holding a TEXAS stone!
The Wilson's left next.
They were one of the first people to intoduce themselves to us when we first moved to Ashton.
Pretty much every Sunday, we sat behind them in the chapel. I has been fun to watch their family grow and become really good friends with them.
They were always willing to help us with whatever we needed.
Diana was my Visiting Teacher, so it was nice to have her at my beckon call whenever I needed something! They are amazing people and we will miss hanging out with them.
This is what we had to leave behind.
Anyone wanna bring it to Texas for us?
We have a Texas Mistletoe.
I has become tradition that it is the last thing we take down in our home and the first thing we put up in our new home. HEre are taking it down for this home. So Sad!!! I know we are smiling for the picture, but we are really sad in the INSIDE!
Luckily, we are renting this home.
We decided NOT to sell it.
We are so happy we will still have a home in Ashton and will be back to visit just as soon as we can!
While we were packing up the truck...Leah was busy decorating the truck with many flowers!
Here is our home!
Man, are we going to miss walking in there everyday.
This chapter of our life is through!
Onto the next adventure!
Then it was time for us to say our See ya Laters to the Schauerhamers.
We knew this would be hard, but we didn't think it was going to be THIS hard. Even now as I type this, I am crying!!!! Ugh!
We took a fun picture on our front porch, which ultimately broke my camera, since it fell from the banister! Oh well! Such is life! =)
Then it was time to hug and be on our way!
Leah and Lily saying good-bye to Baby Jackson.
He really will miss going over to their house and playing with the girls.
AND we will miss going to their house and having the girls play with Jackson.
We will miss going over there and hearing the girls yell..."Margie and Walker are here!"
Lily saying good-bye!
Morgan and I have known this day was coming for a VERY long time.
We never really talked about it though! EVER!
Thinking that if we didn't talk about it, it really wouldn't happen!
But, unfortunately it has happened.
I have had a ton of friends in my life...
But not sure I have ever had a friend quite like Morgan.
So glad we met and became such great friends.
The first time I met Morgan was after church and I said, "So, I hear your are an awesome cook. When are you coming over to our house to cook us something!"
We had them over that week...I cooked, but Morgan has cooked for us SOO many times after that.
Who knew that we would become such close friends?
Andrew and Andrew were Home Teaching companions...
Which is how we all met in the first place.
Then we found out we all love to play games...
Then it was dinner at our house and games at their house and one thing led to another and we became such good friends...pretty much FAMILY!
How many people have friends that you can just walk in their home and just hangout for however long you want....even if we all weren't hanging out together.
If we were ever bored...we went over the the Schauerhamers!
We played som many games.
We even helped them make a game...Karnaxis!
Morgan taught me how to garden and how to qilt.
Not sure what I ever taught her!!
Through the years of being there in Ashton, our friendship just grew more and more!
I am not very good with words, and know that I have way more to say about our friends, but know this Schauerhamers...YOU WILL BE MISSED!
Can't wait for the next time we get to see eachother!
Here is our family in the U-haul!
Look at sweet Jackson in the middle!
It was kinda fun sitting there all three of us!
One Happy Family!
About three second into our trip...
Jackson was OUT!
He was so tired.
It is hard to say good-bye to all of your friends!
On our way to Utah, we stopped in Rigby and said our good-byes to the Uminski's.
I HATED saying good-bye to them too.
Again! It was much harder than I ever thought it would be!
It was so fun to live so close to family.
We got to see them so frequently.
We will miss seeing them as often as we did before!
We will miss them!
It was not very easy to leave Idaho!
Not sure I would ever say that.
We really did enjoy our time there.
We have made some amazing memories there that we will always hold close to our hearts.
We will never forget our time spent in Idaho!





















No comments:
Post a Comment