Monday, October 29, 2012

We are in Plano!

Well, we have made it to Plano!
We left Lubbock Wednesday (July 11th) at about 8 in the AM.
We arrived in Plano around 3.
Harvey was there ready to help us unpack the truck into a storage unit.
(Since we don't have a place to live yet!)
As you can see from the pic above..Jackson and I are quite excited about not being in the Uhaul anymore!
Yikes!  This unpacking is going to take awhile!
AND it was only Harvey and Andrew who were doing it!

I sat in the rocker and told them what to do!
Not really, but it sure does look that way from this pic!
Oh my goodness we have so much stuff.
It was a good thing we were the only ones around.
We kinda took over the place.
We got a little worried at the end because we had to get the truck checked in before 7 and at about 6:45 there was still a ton of stuff in the truck. So instead of taking it all the way to the unit, we ended up just putting in on the dock and inside in the hallway!


Oh yes!
We had quite the spill!
Luckily, by this time another family had come and they had extra boxes.
They gave me one to put all this stuff in.

Jackson did sooo well!
He really wanted to help move the stuff.
He made some friends with the other family that was there.
But towards the end yuo could definitely tell he was ready to GO!
We all were.  It was about 7:45...3 hours later when the storage unit was filled and we were ready to go. We stopped at Steak N' Shake on our way to Harvey's...ate some dinner and then crashed when we got home!  We were staying with Harv in Fort Worth until we found a place to live.
Good thing Harvey was there to help.
Not sure what we would have done without him!
Thanks Harv!!

Thursday morning we woke up bright and early and headed over to Plano to look at some apartments.
The first ones we looked at were kinda nice, but they were basically government housing.  We actually would not have been able to live there, due to how much we make.  So, we drove around a bit and really couldnt find anything that was in our budget.  It was starting to get a little disheartening.  We had a week to find a place to live.  ONE week!  
We finally decided to go up to Denton to look at the apartments Kate and Branson would be moving into in just a couple of weeks.  They are pretty nice apartments for them.  We are excited to have them move so close to us.  
We of course had to find Margie street in Denton.
Gotta love it!

Well, we then decided to head down to San Antonio.
The Hillman's were going to be painting their house in Kyle and were in need of help. So we decided to take this opportunity to go and visit.
We had to head to Fort Worth to grab all of our stuff from Harvey's and then we headed down to SA!
Jackson was getting kinda cranky in the backseat...why wouldn't he?
He had been driving around ALL day!

So, I blew up this beach ball that was back there and that made him VERY happy!
He also LOVES to drink from my big water bottle.
Even though in this pic he looks angry doing it!!!
WE got to San Antonio Thursday night and had a great evening with Mom and Dad!
The Hillman's got there Friday morning and the kids were soooo excited to see Jackson!
Jackson was sooo excited to have some playmates!
I just thought Jackson looked soooo big here sitting up to the table, eating his pizza, on a plate!
Saturday morning, I went to Trinity University to pick up Richie from EFY!
Sooo...we even got to see Richie while we were in San Antonio!
I am so glad we decided to come down!
Saturday was when Andrew headed up to help paint.
They did a lot of work. 
Samantha and Nathan went with them and the rest of us hung out in SA! 
In the late afternoon, I headed up to New Braunfels to pick up Andrew and the kids.
We got home, ate some dinner...and then...
went to go see Uncle David in the Secret Garden.
He did such a GREAT job!
It was so fun to see David perform up on stage.
It was such a wonderful play.
It was a small dinner theater venue, which made it even more fun to watch.
When we got there, the lady at the cash register had no clue what she was doing.
The adult tickets were 20$ each and the kids were 8$ each.  We had a comp adult ticket, so our total should have been, $44.  (There was no tax, because we were on base.) She told me our total was $48.  I then informed her that was a little too much.  She then said, wait one minute...OK then your total is 35.50.  Uh...ok?!?!?  She had to have exact change, because she didn't keep any quarters handy.  I told her I only had dollar bills and no quarters, so then she said...OK...well then your total is $20!!!  Are you kidding me?  We went from a $48 total to a $20 total.  I wasn't going to argue. I gave her $20 and we went on our way.  David said the play had been losing money and I think I know why!
The kids really enjoyed watching their Uncle David.
What do you think?
Should Nathan grow a mustache?
HA HA!
They even got to go on stage and walk into, "The Secret Garden!"
It was my first time seeing this play. 
It was a really good one and I am now wanting to read the book.
Is it sad that I have never read this book?
My favorite actor...besides my brother of course...was the friend. I can't remember his name now, but he was such a great actor.  He played his character so well.  I just really wanted to be his friend.  That is how he made you feel.  His voice was awesome too!!!
Good job!

Sunday was spent at home.
Sunday was spent at home. Just hanging out. The older Hillman kids stayed the weekend. It was fun to have more time with them.  Richie has this app on his Ipad where you can take three different people and mesh them together to make one person. He wanted to use Jackson, so this was the only way he could get Jackson to hold still long enough to take the picture. 
Kati came over Sunday night and we all just hung out.
It was so nice to just be home with family and relax...especially after the very stressful day we had on Wednesday.

The kids, Dad and Richie all left on Monday morning to go back to Katy.
Andrew, Jackson, and I headed over to Trinity University to see YOLANDA!
This lady is AMAZING! 
She works in the cafeteria.
When I worked at EFY, I always looked forward to seeing her when we got to Trinity.
We would walk in the cafeteria and yell...YOLANDA!!!
She always has a smile on her face. 
I need to send the missionaries her way.
It was so great to see her and introduce her to Jackson!
That evening was spent at my mom and dad's house!
Andrew and I looked and looked and looked on the internet for some possible apartments.
I started a list going for places we would visit when we got back to the Dallas area.
We found some places in Plano and Lewisville we wanted to look at.
I really had a good feeling about Lewisville.
It was right in between work and Denton.
Which meant we would be close to the G family and to Andrew's work.
It would be interesting to see what these places would have to offer us.
Jackson absolutely LOVED being at Gramma and Dja-Dja's house.
This was his favorite thing to do...
He would climb up in this table, which was right behind the couch...
CLimb up the back of the house...and FLIP OVER!
He would then get off of the couch and do it ALL over again!

He thought it was the BEST THING EVER!
I have been soo proud of Jackson.
He has been so good during this whole transition time.
He has no idea what is going on, but is so happy and really doing so well.
We headed up to the Plano/Lewisville area on Wednesday.
We got to the the first place around Noon!
We could kinda tell it was a little shady when we looked at the pool and there was not one piece of pool furniture around it.  The office was not anything to write home about.  But the real kicker came when we were walking to the model apartment and the lady dropped her mace.  When she picked it up she said, you could never be too careful and that there were some pretty crazy teenagers around there.  IT WAS NOON!  The Model looked like it was stuck in the 70s.  We knew this would not be the place for us!  The next place was not any better.  In fact when we walked in, I looked down and saw some dead cockroaches hangin' out by the door.  YUCK!  We were both starting to feel a little discouraged.  Next stop Lewisville.  None of the apartments on my list over in that area were much better.  They were just really run down.   Luckily, every new place we looked at was better than the last.  The very last place we went to, before heading to Harv's was the best we had seen all day.  All the previous ones were three bedrooms and this was a two bedroom.  It had a nice layout and it was a nice complex.  We were pretty sure we were going to go for this one.  Jackson did such a GREAT job today.  His favorite part was riding on the golf carts.  He also loved going into each model apartment and running around for a little bit.  What a sweet boy we have.

Well, when we got back to Harvey's house for the night, we started searching on the internet for any other places we could possibly live.  I thought that on Thursday it would be a good idea to just drive around Lewisville and stop at any of the complexes that looked nice. And that is what we did!

Thursday, July19th!  We FIND OUR NEW HOME!

Today we did so much driving.  Andrew's Dad's cousin lives here in Dallas.  Her friend is a real estate agent.  She was able to get three places set up for us to walk through.  Unfortunately she was in a meeting all day and couldn't ever meet with us.  We went to the three different locations and just looked around them.  We decided against each one before even looking at them.

Then we headed to Lewisville.  We drove to the place we looked at the night before and then saw there were many other complexes that were nice right around it.
Each one we went to was better than the last...AGAIN!
Man, we just didn't know what to do.  Then I had an idea.  I told Andrew we should call the Bishop of the Lewisville 1st Ward to see if he had any ideas of where we should look.  We got ahold of him and he gave us some places he thought would be good.  He first told us we needed to get on the other side of Belaire.  Where we were at that moment was NOT in HIS ward boundaries.

So, that we did!  We came over to the northern part of Lewisville and started looking around.   At one point we drove past this one apartment complex...I looked at it and said, maybe we should stop there.  So, we did. I got out and went inside to see if they even had any openings before we got Jackson out of the car.  It was such a nice office/club house.  They even had cookies and lemonade out for the taking!  YUM!  The lady said they did have ONE apartment available for Saturday! Perfect.  I went outside and told Andrew and we both came in and looked at the apartment.  It was a pretty nice apartment.  And we both felt good about it.  There were still a few more places we wanted to look at, so we told them we would come back if those didn't work out.  The lady in the office said, "I don't want to sound conceited or anything, but I am pretty sure you WILL be back!"

She was right!  We came back!
We had found our apartment!
FINALLY!
We asked to look at it again, just to make sure. 
She gave us the key and let us go up there by ourselves.
That we did.
We even said a prayer asking Heavenly Father if this was a good place for us.
We both got such a good feeling about the place!
We knew we had found our new home.

What a gruesome experience looking for an apartment.

That night I talked to my friend Wendi who lives in Lewisville.
She however, is in another STAKE!
She told me that the ward we are living in, had a fast a couple months ago to get young families to move in.  She told me since then...sooo many families from her ward have moved over to our ward.  AND she knew when she found out we were looking in Lewisville, we would find a place in that ward boundaries.  It felt nice to find out we had been an answer to a fast.  Andrew and I both just felt really good about this complex.  It seemed to just fall right into our laps.

So glad that part is over.  
 Now to get all of our stuff from the storage unit into a UHaul and moved into our apartment!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails