At the end of last year my school started building four new classrooms. They were all ready for the beginning of the year, and I got one of them!! This is my 10th year of teaching and this will be my 8th classroom. I have gotten REALLY good at moving!!! I have always wanted to teach at a brand-new school, but never have been able to. Luckily, for me my 8th and most likely my last classroom (for a while) is a BRAND NEW one! Oh man, I JUST LOVE IT!!! I LOVE IT!! I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
One of the things that I love most of all about it, is that everything in this classroom is MINE. It is not anyone elses. All the other classrooms I have had, were jam packed with other teachers' stuff. I have always had to sort through it before I could move my stuff in. This year, I just moved MY stuff into an EMPTY classroom. It was pure bliss.
I also love the amount of storage in this classroom. Just look at those cupboards (below). They are a beautiful sight, for sure. I no longer have the file cabinet. I was able to go through it and put all of my files into 10 three ring binders. I also don't have a teacher's desk. Everyone thinks that is weird, but I don't ever sit at one. I always just use it to stack things on. So I decided to get rid of mine. I hope they are able to find these things for the teacher that moves in after me.
My new classroom!
Another view
Here is my Book Stop this year. Isn't it just awesome? All of those books belong to me. I still can't believe I own so many books.
This is the tree Andrew made for the Book Stop. I have had a tree in all of my classrooms. This one by far is the BEST!!!!!
Andrew also made these pictures. I absolutely LOVE Dr. Seuss. I have had these pictures for quite sometime. They came from a calendar. Someday my Play Room will be decorated in Dr. Seuss stuff...until then, the pics are hanging in my classroom. Aren't they just AWESOME!
Here is a closer look.
Another shot of the tree!
Andrew also installed this wire above the counter. We decoupaged the clothes pins and now we have a cute place to hang things. I also bought a cute giraffe Scentsy for my classroom. It fits in so wonderfully.
This is a door covering that a parent made for me when I was in Rexburg. I love it so much.
Andrew made and installed this shelf under the back board. I have organized my picture books for each month. So, each month I put new ones out for the kids to read. This shelf is the PERFECT place to display them. Andrew did a great job!
One more shot of the classroom. I now have SIX computers on those back shelves. It took them quite a while to get them to me, but they are here now and we love them.
Andrew made these frames as well.
Gosh, without Andrew my classroom would be so lame!
I am so thankful for him and all he did for my classroom.
It is exactly how I wanted it.
I LOVE MY NEW CLASSROOM!
1 comment:
It looks awesome!!!!
Post a Comment