Sunday, August 8, 2010

Now off to Texas! The Road Trip Continues!

 After Kate's great B-day party and some other fun times in Utah, we headed out to TEXAS!!!!  Monday, July 19th was a very long day in the car...15 hours to be exact.  We crossed over into Texas at 10:36 Utah time, 9:36 Texas time!  As you can see on the GPS the dotted line means we were about to enter TEXAS!  Needless to say, I was excited!  I was going HOME!
 At first Andrew and I were extremely disappointed when the only state sign we saw was this one!  Really Texas...that is all you got!  We took a picture by it just in case, but I knew deep in my heart there was more...and I was right!
 A couple miles into Texas we came to the wonderful sign that I love so much!  Drive Friendly, - The Texas Way!  It makes perfect sense that they waited to put this sign in a little ways, because the other one was in the middle of two railroad tracks and that would not be very safe if you had a ton of people pulling over there to take pictures!  Texas, you are so smart!

Our first stop on this blessed Texas road trip was Lubbock!  For those of you who don't know, I love Lubbock!  It has a special place in my heart.  This is where I went to college.  Texas Tech!  It was great to be back!  We stayed with the Davis family.  They are the family that I lived with my Sophomore year of college.  I stayed in there basement.  They call me their basement child which I love!
We were also able to visit some old friends of mine that I hadn't seen for awhile! 

Here is Raylene!  Oh man, the fun times that I had with Raylene while I was in Lubbock!  Thanks for being such a great friend Raylene!

 Then we went over and saw ELIZABETH!  I love Elizabeth! She is such a sweetheart!  It was great seeing her as well!  We still needed to go see Julie and Jason, but we were short on time, because we had a dinner outing with the Davis clan, so we said we would go to her house after dinner!
 We went to Buns Over Texas!  Great restaurant!!  I can't believe I lived in Lubbock for four years and never ate here.  The Davis' could not believe that either, which is why we went!
 While we were there, guess who came to eat there with her family...JULIE!!  It was perfect!  It was so good to see her and talk to her for a bit!  Man I love my Lubbock friends!
 Everyone just chillin' at the Davis home!
 Wednesday morning before we had to leave, Andrew spent some time reading books to Spencer.  It was so cute.  Spencer would run back to his room, grab a book, and give it to Andrew to read.  Andrew would always tell Spencer to sit on the couch next to him so that he could see the pictures.  Spencer would always just sit on the rocking chair next to the couch at the beginning of every book.  In the middle of the book he would climb over the couch arm and start to sit next to Andrew.  By the end of the book, he was sitting on the couch with Andrew.  Every single book this was the routine!


 If you look closely you can see the pile of books on the coffee table.  I think Andrew read close to 40 books that morning.  He is going to be such a great dad!
Once Spencer was done with the whole book reading thing, he brought out Mr. Potato Head!  We played that for a while and then it was time for us to head out! Spencer was so sad to see Andrew go!  Cute! 

 On our way out of town we HAD to stop in and get some Bahama Bucks! Man these things are AWESOME!

Now it was time to head to Fort Worth to be with Harvey!  
We left Lubbock about noon on Wednesday and was in Fort Worth by 5 that day.
 That night we had dinner with the Merrills!!!  Oh my how I LOVE them!  We ate at Outback and had a great time!  Thanks for coming out to see us you two!  It is always a pleasure to be with you!

 The next day, Thursday, Harvey, Andrew and I went shopping for U-days!  What is U-days you ask?  The best thing ever!!! That is what it is!  It is the Uminski Family Reunion that we have every year.  This year Harvey was hosting it in Fort Worth, hence the reason we were there.  We had to buy a ton of food and it was great fun!  Well, Harvey got a little stressed...but who wouldn't when you are buying food for 21 mouths for an entire weekend!  He did a great job!
This is the best site from our day of shopping!!  Blue Bell ice cream! The best stuff EVER!

Come back soon and the U-days post will be here!

1 comment:

5moonbeams4us said...

Can I tell you Margie how stinkin' jealous I am of you and Andrew??? I LOVE Lubbock and Texas for that matter. Now I have a HUGE craving for Buns Over Texas and Blue Bell ice cream, thanks! :) Glad that you are back safe and sound though in Ashton, we all missed you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails