Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Rest of the Texas Adventure

 Welp!  This is going to be another LONG post!  Buckle up!
After U-days we headed to Austin to catch up with some of our dear friends there!  Mike and Lorena were so gracious to host a Game Night Reunion at their casa!  It was great to see everyone!  I even got to hold a THREE week old baby!  Now if that doesn't give you baby fever, I don't know what will.




 I finally got to meet Julie's hubby, Tom!  They are such a cute couple.  I am so happy they are together! I give my friend stamp of APPROVAL!
 After Austin we headed to San Antonio. Our first day there we went to SEA WORLD with my brother, sister-in-law, their three kids and my mom and dad!  It was a blast.  A pretty hot day.  But, FUN!   While Ariana, Spencer and I were riding the Steel Eel rollercoaster. Andrew, Mom, and Dad stayed back with the kids.  They rode some rides and saw this cool shark guy!


 Cotton Candy mouths!  yum, yum!

The first show we went to was the Sea Lion and walrus show.  It was good, but nothing will ever compare to Spooky Cooky Castle, which was the show the first couple of years Sea World was open in San Antonio. That is a classic.

 After sitting in the hot sun for the show we needed to COOL off! 

 Man, did that water feel so good!!  I was all dry in about 10 minutes!

 We saw a really fun 4-D movie.  Forrest really freaked out when the SPIDER was coming right at him. I did the same thing with the bees!  
 Next stop...THE DOLPHINS!  I think this is my favorite place.  Always has been and always will be.  I just love being able to get so close to the Dolphins.

 We were even able to touch a few.  How fun!

 Marek was not too impressed by the shark exhibit.


 Dja-Dja and Marek hangin' out by the wave pool!  I love this picture!
 The Uminski's in the wave pool.  The kids loved the water park.
 Yea!  It is time to see SHAMU.  We loved the show and seeing the Killer Whales.

 At about 6, it started to DOWN POUR~ Everyone at the park sought shelter.  Us girls went shopping.  It was kinda silly that everyone wanted to stay out of the RAIN when they were already WET from being at SEA WORLD!!  Oh goodness, people are funny.
 Our day was cut an hour short, but we still had a blast and the kids loved their day at Sea World.
 On our way home we stopped at Rudy's!  The best BBQ ever!  Ariana had never tried the CREAM CORN!  She loved it.  Which everyone always does!
 The next day we went out and visited David at his work. He works out at a Ranch that schedules events, like weddings, and corporate parties.  It was neat to see where he spends his days.  He loves it there and I can totally see why.



 At one point David pulled over and started taking pictures.  We were wondering what he was taking pictures of and when we turned the corner we saw this here SPIDER!!  Whoa!  this picture was taken from our car.  IT was huge.  I decided to GET CLOSER!!!!

 And EVEN CLOSER!!!  This is just your ordinary garden spider!  Yikes!

 We went and got ourselves a Texas stepping stone. This is not the one we got, but it sure is AWESOME!
 We also had a Birthday party for me.  I love Ariana's face in this picture..."Really Margie, do you really need a picture of yourself with that BAG!"  Well, back story...about three hours prior to this here party my mom and I were talking about how I want a cute ladybug statue for my flower garden.  She then told me that I need a garden gnome.  All gardens need a gnome, in which I responded..." I DON'T LIKE GNOMES...THEY SCARE ME!!!!"
 Low and behold....what did my parents give me for my birthday...along with the TEXAS plates and the HEB grocery bag....but a GARDEN GNOME!!!!!  We all had quite a laugh when I opened this.  Luckily, this gnome is CUTE and he is from Texas Tech!  I will proudly put him in my garden and during the winter months he will find a home in my classroom!!!!   Thanks Mom and Dad for a great present!
 Marek is anxious to start driving!

 Wednesday we took the Uminski's to the airport.  You would never guess that Nadia has a fever in this picture.  She is just so happy.  I love this girl!


After we took them to the airport we went to visit Melissa and her fam.  We hadn't seen each other in a very long time.  It was great to catch up with her. 
 Mom, Dad, Andrew and I went to Papasitos for dinner. I ordered the nachos and this is what came out for me to eat!  It was HUGE!!  Needless to say, I took most of it HOME!

 My mom has a garden in her side yard and she has had everyone make a stepping stone to add to it.  We made ours and it was an adventure to say the least.  Here is Andrew making his. We didn't get any pics of me doing mine, because it was a mad dash to get it done. The cement dries VERY quickly.  But, I did one that had a Double T on it for Texas Tech.  It looked pretty cool.
 On Friday we headed out to Katy, Texas to spend some time with the Hillman family.  I just LOVE my nieces and nephews. I also love my sister and brother-in-law.
 They do school work every day!  We helped them out.  It was fun. Zach gets to color.

 Yea!  I was so lucky to have Julia come by and see me!  I have not seen her in forever. It was great to catch up with her.  It was great to stay with the Hillman's!  Us adults stayed up and played board games. It is always fun to play games with them.  They taught us a new game, Wahoo!  
Saturday morning we headed to see Jesse and Monica!  Again, friends that I have not seen in FOREVER.  They made us a wonderful breakfast and it was delicious!  It was great to spend some time with them.  Now off to Daciana and Mark's!  At Daciana and Mark's we were going to be able to participate in a Murder Mystery Party.  Those are always so much fun and this was not an exception.  It was set on a cruise and it was a great time.
 I was Margartia Rocks.  A Broadway hopeful cocktail waitress.  I played my part very well.  I carried this tray around ALL night giving people food and "cocktails!"
 Andrew played the roll of Officer Bullet.  He was the Port Authority on the ship.

 There was money involved and he won the prize for having the most money at the end of the night.  He walked away with over 2,000 dollars!  Which was almost half of the money that was out there to begin with.  I am so proud that he can blackmail people to get money!
 The whole shindig was to celebrate Daciana's birthday!  Happy Birthday Girl!!!
 Here is Andrew arresting the MURDERER!!!
 Andrew made port holes for decorations!  This one was over the aquarium.  Mark and Daciana's idea.  Pretty clever!

 This is what it looked like OUTSIDE their house.  Funny thing...they are in the process of trying to sell their house...this was all set up when they showed their house earlier that day.  Classic!
 Their cute daughter!  I was so glad to finally meet baby Kate!
 While we were there we went and visited the Waterfall Wall!  I love this thing!  I have wanted Andrew to see it for quite sometime now. I am glad we were able to finally see it.
 Kate loved the WATER!  She wanted to go in it.



 We also tracked down where Extreme Makeover was working on a house. It was so cool to be there and see it all happening.  Here we are in front of the BUS!

 Here is the house they built.  Pretty impressive!
 On Monday, after our time in Houston, it was time to go back to Lubbock on our way back to Idaho.  Here is Shanna and Andrew making shadow puppets on the wall.  It was entertaining to watch them!
This was also Andrew's birthday, so Shanna made him a birthday cake!  How sweet!

 Tuesday we went and visited the Egg Farm Whiz, my Lubbock Dad, works on.  It was so neat to see all those Henrietta's and the MILLIONS of eggs there were.  

 How I love the Davis family!
Wednesday we headed out of Lubbock and in turn out of TEXAS!  Sad, sad, sad, DAY!   Our last stop before home was in Denver.  We met at Ted's to eat dinner with Aunt Mickie, Aunt Donna, cousin Andy and cousin Mandy, with her cute daughter!  It is always fun to see them. We wish we could see them more often. We got a birthday treat for Andrew!!  Yum! Yum!  Thanks for coming out and seeing us you guys!  We love you!


 We stayed at Carin and Dan's house.  We are sad we didn't take any pictures with them.  NExt time we stop in, we will take some photos!  It was of course great to see them as well!
And we are HOME!  Back in Idaho!  There are the Tetons.  

This was such a GREAT road trip and we are so happy to have been able to see everyone and catch up with friends and family that we had not seen in such a long time!  If anyone is ever in Idaho and needs a place to stay....there is room for you in Ashton!  We would love to have ya!  

We got home on Thursday at about 4, by 5 we were out camping with the Schauerhamers...which of course will be the NEXT post!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I just LOVE Melissa and Aiden!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails