Sit back and relax...THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG ONE!
Ok, everyone...Thursday, July 22 - Sunday, July 25 was the ANNUAL gathering of the U-Crew (The Uminski Family) for what we like to call U-Days (Uminski Days)
It is our yearly Family reunion.
This year it was in Fort Worth and Harvey was the HOST!
He did a GREAT job!
Also, this year the ENTIRE family was able to be there...all 23 of us!
What a great time we had.
Let's let you get a glimpse to what went on during the blessed weekend.
Now I only am sharing with you a handful of the pictures, seeing how I took over 1,000! That is 1,000 pictures/videos in ONE weekend! I know, I have a slight problem. I am seeking help!
I also have come to realize that I am a little obsessed with my nieces and nephews. But come one, they are just so dang precious!!!
Iteniary
Wednesday
4:35 The Walker's Arrive
Thursday
3:30 ish Spencer, Ariana, Forrest, Nadia, Marek, Gramma, and Dja, Dja (Ja-Ja polish for Grandpa) Arrive
6:30 Tour Lockheed Martin - where they make F-35 for the Air Force
11:00 Kati and David Arrive
Friday
7:15 The Hillman's are HERE!
10:00 Fort Worth Zoo
2:00 Swimming
4:00 Playing Video Games
6:30 Elizabeth and David tour Lockheed Martin
7:30 Richie is HERE! THE WHOLE FAMILY IS HERE!
8:00 Opening Ceremonies
10:00 Bedtime
Saturday
9:00 Family pictures
10:30 Ice Cream
11:00 Stock Yards
11:30 Parade
1:00 Swimming
5:00 BBQ inside due to rain
7:00 Wiffle Ball Game
9:00 Playing Karnaxis
11:00 Bedtime
Sunday
8:30 Church
11:00 Memories
1:00 People start heading out
U-days is over until NEXT year!
My wonderful Mom and Dad -- I really could not have asked for better parents!
We finally made it to the Zoo!
Look at these two twins!
A Lot of shoulders were used this day to transport kids!
This alligator came from the opposite side of the pool to say hello, up close and personal!
We even got to touch a snake! It took Forrest just a bit of time to realize he was going to touch it!
All of the grandkids minus the twins!
We went to the pool Friday and Saturday! It felt so nice in the HOT Texas weather!
Richie's Arrival!
Saturday morning, Zach was so tired when he was eating his breakfast he was falling asleep! Cute!
We played quite a bit of video games together as a family. Can you tell who's Mii goes with who? I will just point out that it is MY Mii that is in First place right now! I have the crown! But that did not last for very long! But, I sure did enjoy it while it lasted.
Harv did a great job with a wonderful and scrumptious menu! Every meal was awesome!
Cute little Madi ready to go for Family pictures!
Forrest's tooth was extremely loose and they were trying to pull it out before pictures, but that just didn't work. Forrest wasn't too upset, because now he could smile like this!
Ah, cute little Marek!
I have such cute nephew and nieces!
We really enjoy ourselves when we are getting pictures taken!
Enjoy the next couple pictures.
The behind the scenes of picture taking.
Sisters!
Forrest and Nathan were so excited to be able to hang out with each other. They are sad that they have to live so far away from each other!
You too could come to U-days.....if you marry one of these characters!!!
After picture taking we went for some ice cream. Even though we started taking pics at 9 it was still pretty toasty!
As I was waiting to get my order taken, I had my hand wrapped around this pole. I had no idea that the other side LOOKED LIKE THIS! Andrew told me what my hand was touching and when I removed it, I had a couple of dead flies on it. I started flicking my hand every which way. My dad had no clue what was going on. All he saw was a spazzed out Margie. Once I told him that there was a sticking fly catcher on the other side of the pole and I didn't know and I touched it, he almost lost complete control and almost ended up on the floor from laughing so hard. What a great experience!
Dja-Dja having a good time with the twins!
After the ice cream we headed over to the Stock Yards where we saw a real cattle drive and a parade!
Look at those LONGHORNS!
By the look of this face, I dont think Richie is ready to have twins!!!
Every U-days we play a game of Wiffle Ball! This year it was a ton of fun because the neices and nephews are starting to be able to play!
We were on the losing team this year, but just wait until next year. We will take it for sure!
Of course, all of the nieces and nephews wanted to be in Uncle Harvey's car. It's like he has a comfortable or something??? All of the older kids got a chance to ride in it. Poor little Zach felt a little left out, so on Sunday he was able to come in our car. We kept the sunroof open for him. He loved it.
At the end of U-days we all gather together and share a childhood memory and a yearly memory. It i so much fun to sit around and talk about things that have happened in the past and focus on our blessings.
Here are a few group shots of the U-Crew!!!
This is the official U-days sign! A "U" and a "D"! Pretty creative I KNOW!
My family and their true characters shining through!
Last but not least...HOMEMADE ICE CREAM! Yummy!
Now that is a lot of trash!
Man, it was soooo good to be with our family. We had so much fun. We are already looking forward to U-days 2011! Harvey you did a great job! Hopefully, nothing too major is wrong with your house after we all left. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family that is filled with so much love! I love each and everyone of them so much. I am so lucky that we were able to come to U-days this year. Thanks Mom and Dad for starting such an awesome tradition!
Have no fear readers of this here blog...our Texas vacation is not over yet...
We still have to visit
Austin
San Antonio
Houston
Lubbock (again)
and
Denver
Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:
Post a Comment