Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dedicated to Anne

This is my niece Anne. 
She was born on June 4, 1998.
My sister's first born.
The first grandbaby.
My first niece.
She always made you smile.
ALWAYS!
November 13, 2001 she was diagnosed with Luekemia.
I remember driving to the hospital with my mom not even knowing what Leukemia was and wondering how in the world did Anne get it.
It was on April 14, 2002 that she lost her fight and returned to our Heavenly Father.
I have two precious memories during her time in the hospital.
The first happened on Valentine's Day, February 14th.
She had just gotten a bone marrow transplant and I was unable to go visit her because I had a cold. (It was my first year teaching and I seemed to always have  cold.)  But, I got a phone call from Anne that night.  She told me she missed me and she asked how I was feeling?
Are you kidding me?
Anne, you just got a bone marrow transplant and you are asking ME how I am feeling?
That was Anne for you!
The other memory I have was one time when I was visiting her at the hospital we were watching The Grinch and the song "Where are you Christmas," came on and when Cindy Lou Who was singing it, Anne took my hand and softly sang it to me in the most precious voice.

I sure do love Anne!
So much.


Anne loves ladybugs. 
If I am ever having  bad day or am really trying to decide something, or just need to know that someone is there with me...a lady bug always shows up.
They always come at the perfect time.
And I know Anne is there with me telling me everything will be OK!
For that reason, I have been on the search for the PERFECT lady bug.
A couple years ago I started a flower garden.
I wanted one to put in my garden.
It has taken me FOREVER to find one.
Last summer, while I was in Arkansas...
I finally found the PERFECT lady bug.
Now when I look at it, I know Anne is there.


While Anne was going through Chemo she lost her hair.
A couple years after she passed away I learned about Locks of Love.
A place where you can send your hair, so they can make wigs for those who are going through chemo.  I have wanted to donate my hair since then.

Finally, on November 15, 2011 ten years after she started chemo I did JUST that.
I cut off 14 inches of my hair. 


 And donated it to Locks of Love!
It took me ten years to get it done...not ten years to grow out my hair, but ten years before I was able to donate it.
I loved it!
It was awesome!
I knew it was going to such a good cause.
NOW..I am growing it out again to donate it again!
Hopefully it doesn't take another ten years!



This is the certificate they sent me.

Here are a few more pics of my precious niece Anne!!!!



I am so happy that I have the knowledge that I have that Anne is working hard in Heaven for our Heavenly Father.  The she lives in heaven and that I will SEE her again someday.

I love you Anne!
Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me of how I am suppose to live.
Always thinking of others!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful, Margie. You are beautiful and I love you!! I hadn't heard those stories of Anne before, made me cry of course. I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I had to say goodbye. Half the talks in conference were for me, so thankful for the knowledge we'll be together again. I've felt her very close lately, thanks for making me smile with your beautiful post. I love you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails