Saturday, September 11, 2010 we went to the East Idaho State Fair.
I really wanted to go, because I have never been to this fair before.
Lucky for us...our friends had some tickets we could use!
THANKS ERICKSONS!!!!
We left here bright and early Saturday morning, stopped in Rexburg to round up the Erickson's and then headed to Blockfoot!
The Fair was of course a whole bunch of fun!
Look at those pumpkins....goodness gracious, THEY ARE HUGE!
How about this here turkey! It's a god lookin' one!
We went and saw a lot of animals...rabbits, cows, horses, pigs, and more cows.
I am pretty sure this is my first time ever actually TOUCHING a REAL cow!
Goodness...these cows were huge! They do not look this big on the side of the highway. That is for sure.
They were showing the cows today, so they were pruning them and their utters had to be a showin'! They get to be pretty BIG!!! Somebody milk these cows!!!!
Our dear friends the Ericksons! We love them!
I just sat in this here Giraffe cart..I did not ride the ride! WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!
And of course, you can't forget about the FAIR FOOD! There here are Tortatoes....and YUMMY!
Fried Twinkie!
Cheesecake and on a Stick!! Scrumptious!
We also wanted to try the Bulls Eye Burger which is a hamburger with a glazed doughnut as its bun. Talk about the epitome of Fair food!
After all the animal seeing, ride lookin', and food eatin' we headed out!
We made a pit stop in Idaho Falls to do some much needed shopping....and we came across these bad boys.....
They are selling them at Sam's for about 80 Bucks! Pretty incredible. What a huge chair. The Kingpin Camp chair. Talk about awesome!
Another great day in the life of Andrew and Margie Walker. Loved the Fair! Thanks Erickson's for the tickets! We HEART you!
2 comments:
oh, man! Looks like a blast! I wish we would have thought to goooo!
You had to have seen my cousin there, no you probably left too early. He's an old bachelor in his mid 60's who lives alone in St. Anthony and looks forward all year to the Fair and then he goes every single day it is open, except this year he missed Thursday (Probably the only day he has missed in at least 20 years). He calls me on his cell from the fair and tells me how much he is enjoying it. I always tell him to eat some funnel cakes for me, and he does. I see that you guys tried to get your share of Fair food too - way to go!
Post a Comment