Sunday, June 1, 2014

Saying Good-bye to the Garner Family

We all knew this day would come, we just didn't WANT it to EVER come.
The Garners moved to Utah on May 28th!
The last week they were here we had some good time fun!

Monday they came down to look at a storage unit here in Lewisville and then stopped off at our house on the way back to Denton.  Kate said they wouldn't be able to stay very long and that made Jackson sad.  He had been asking about them all day.  I offered to let Jamie and LouLou stay the night, so that they could get some much needed work done at the apartment.  
So, we had a sleepover and it was too much fun!
The kids LOVED it and I did too!


They all watched a movie on the mattress we pulled out for Jamie's bed.
Sleepovers with cousins are the BEST!

 Branson and Kate came down that afternoon and then hung out at our house that night so that I could go to Activity Days and teach them how to make bows. 
Oh man, teaching 8-11 year olds to make hair bows...that was a FUN experience!
I was so thankful the Garners watching my kids..there is NO way I would have been able to do that and have my kids there too.  (Andrew does Scouts on Tuesday night and he wasn't able to bring them with him either...so it totally worked out!)
Wednesday they came down for LouLou's Birthday!
I quickly cut out a sign with my vinyl cutter for the fireplace.
I was pretty proud of myself for thinking to do that!
It looked so festive and fun when they got here.

As soon as they came, Eleanor and I left to go to her 2 month check-up!
She is perfect in everyway! I love my little Eleanor!
She did have to get shots...ah man! I hate that part.
It is really a WHOLE different cry than you have ever heard.
She did pretty good and when we got home she took a nice long nap!
For LouLou's birthday we ate lunch and opened presents.
She picked out the cutest little cake from the grocery store and it was JUST perfect.  The kids had the right amount and so did the adults who are all trying to eat healthier!

I made Lou Lou a sticker book out of a composition book.
I have SOOO many stickers from teaching and from scrapbooking, it was quite easy to find lots to give her.
She really liked it and I am sure it will keep her busy on the plane ride to Utah.
She also got some little Disney Princess Baby Dolls that Sammy claimed for himself!
HA! It took some persuading for him to give them back to her.
And she also got a LEGO Ariel set!
Such a great birthday!
Glad they were able to spend it at our house!
Kate and the kids came down and stayed with us for the weekend!
Branson was in Oklahoma for Army which left them without a car and all of their stuff had been packed into the storage unit...so of course it was way funner for them to be at our house than their boring apartment!
I am so glad they stayed with us.
It was so fun to spend lots of time with them before they moved. 
It has been great having them here in Texas.
Only 30 minutes away!
When we moved here, Jackson and LouLou were only a year old! 
They have been able to spend the last two years together and really have become the best of friends.
Jamie and Jackson love to play together...building things!
And Sammy fits right in and plays with everyone.
It will be so sad to have them leave.
They have left in the past for a couple weeks at a time, but they always come back.
This time...as for right now...they are gone for good!
Sad! Really Sad!

While they were here we were able to get come GAME PLAYING in!
The kids just played and played and played!
We all went to the Boys Dance Recital!
We cooked YUMMY food.
And just had a ton of fun!

Monday morning Andrew and I went shopping while Kate watched all of the kids. What a trooper!  She is awesome!

Branson got back from Oklahoma Monday afternoon and the Garners went to their apartment and did some finishing touches and then had a family night while we stayed home and fed the Elders.  Jackson LOVES to have the missionairies over for dinner!  I was glad we were able to as well...It was Elder Lilo's last night and it was great having him in our home one last time.
Tuesday morning Branson and Kate left REALLY early to go up to their apartment to CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!  I stayed home and watched the kids.  We got the LEGOS out and they played with them for forever!  As you can see it was quite the event!
 That night we had to say our goodbyes because they would be leaving at 4:30 AM to head to the airport.  Jackson had actually fallen asleep and we decided we needed to wake him up to say good-bye.
I know he didn't really understand what was happening, but I am glad we woke him up.
He is going to miss LouLou and Jamie so much.
In fact, he says everyday that they are going to come when he wakes up!
It is sad to say that they are not.
We are glad we will see them in New York in August.
We will miss you Garner family!
We are so happy you were able to spend 2 years here in Texas!
Have a great summer in Utah and good luck with your next adventure in life!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails