Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss & Happy Texas Independence Day

 Today is one of my favorite days of the school year.  
My class always spends it celebrating Dr. Seuss.  
He is my all time  FAVORITE author.
I have loved his books ever since I was a small child.
My dad would read his books to me growing up.
I even have Dr. Seuss slippers.
My brother got them for me one Christmas when I was in High School.
LOVE DR. SEUSS!
Today, we ate Green Eggs & Ham, watched some Dr. Seuss cartoons, participated in a school-wide parade, ate cupcakes, had High School students read to us and read a TON of Dr. Seuss books ourselves.  March 2nd is Read Across America Day.  I had the my students read picture books.  Each time they finished one, they were able to color in a state on a map of the USA.  Their goal...to color in ALL of the states.  They absolutely LOVED doing this activity.  More than I thought they would.  It was so neat to sit back and watch them read and then color.  They were so excited.
 Today is ALSO Texas Independence Day!  We didn't do anything MAJOR.  I just made a cake and decorated it.  We took it over to the Schauerhamer's and ate a few pieces or so.  We didn't do any partying because the Schauerhamer's have been sick lately. 

The girls loved eating the cake.  They were so happy to scarf it down!
(I am suppose to excuse the girls' hair.  Like I said before, Morgan has been sick, so their hair didn't get done today.  I still think they are DANG cute!)

It has been a great day.  A tiring one.  But GREAT!
Gotta Love March 2nd, 2011

2 comments:

Alan and Shelley said...

Thanks Margie for posting pics of my grandaughters. I love your enthusiasm for teaching and life. Is the snow melting or getting deeper. I'm not coming home til its only three feet deep.

Carson Knaphus said...

I wish you were my teacher!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails