Friday, March 4, 2011

The BEST Meatballs EVER!!

This is the best recipe for sweet and sour meatballs.  Morgan introduced them to us and our lives have not been the same ever since.  I really wanted them tonight, but Morgan is in Utah and I couldn't go get the recipe....but THANK GOODNESS for the Internet!  I FOUND THE RECIPE!  We are now enjoying a great evening of meatballs and rice.

 Here is the recipe...
Make 'em for dinner sometime.

Lion House Sweet & Sour Meatballs

MEATBALLS:
  • 1-1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
  • 3/4 c. rolled oats
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1/2 c. finely chopped onion (or I like to use a palm full of dried onion)
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 t. worcestershire sauce
  • pepper

Combine ingredients. Mix well. Form into 12 balls, each about 2 inches. Place in casserole dish. Cover with sauce (below). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.

SAUCE:
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. apple cidar vinegar (just not white vinegar)
  • 2 t. prepared mustard
  • 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
  • 2 t. worcestershire sauce

Combine ingredients & blend thoroughly. Heat in sauce pan and pour over meatballs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails