Morgan was asked a couple weeks before the night of the competition to do the stage decorations. Being the wonderful friend that I am, I volunteered myself to help her if she needed it. She needed it! I am so happy that I was able to help her, because it just turned out AMAZING! Morgan has some awesome vision and Andrew and I were there to help her execute it all!
Above you can see the backdrop for the stage. Of course it was so much COOLER in PERSON!
DO YOU FEEL AFRICAN SAFARI! I know I did!
When the curtain opened for the first time, we even had the elephant moving back and forth. You can see that in the video down below.
Morgan used vinyl talecloths for the backdrop and then we traced the tree and animals on big pieces of cardboard using an overhead projector. We cut them out and pieced them together, taped and spray painted them black. Morgan cut out the grass as well. Andrew and I missed out on the hanging of the big pieces, because we had to go to a meeting for the guy Andrew was campaigning for at BYU-I! I am still soooo amazed that Andrew S and Morgan were able to hang them by themselves. They amaze me!
We put our clamp lights we used for a wedding behind the backdrop and it shined through the tablecloths. BREATH TAKING!
Off on one of the wings of the stage we set up an African Safari tent scene.
Morgan did a great job knowing what to put over there. I just kept thinking Tarzan. What would Jane bring to an African Safari???
This is the other side of the stage. Morgan painted all the boxes. The podium is covered by the big gray box. That is where the MC spoke from. It looked great!
This was their photo wall. Morgan and I worked very hard on putting this up. The sad day came the next day when it was all on the floor. Morgan quickly put it back up before everyone came. Oh goodness. Morgan did a great job with putting this all together. I was just glad I got to help. Even though there were times that I was SUPER tired and my whole body ACHED. I guess being pregnant doesn't allow me to do as much as I would want to do at one time. But it all got done and everyone loved it!
It was a great evening. Since Morgan and I had been up there the whole week putting up the decorations, we were able to watch their rehearsals as well. It was so neat to see how much the girls improved throughout the week. Saturday night everyone did such an AMAZING job. It was fun to watch them on stage doing their best!
Here is Ashton's Distinguished Young Woman. She did such an awesome job all night. And that dress!!!!! I just love it so much! It just screams confidence. Good Luck at State Sarah!








No comments:
Post a Comment