
YAY! Jackson got blessed!
We waited until this weekend because my mom and dad were coming up from Texas for my nephew's baptism down in Rigby. This meant they were able to get two important events in during ONE trip. Andrew's parents were also able to come up from Utah so it was ust perfect. It was great to have all the GRANDPARENTS here for this special event in Jackson's life.
I loved this weekend. It was quite busy, but everything went off without a hitch!
I did quite a few craft projects to get ready for this big day.
I made Jackson's TIE ONESIE.
This one was special because the TIE part was loose.
Goodness gracious, I just can't get over how handsome our little man is looking!
I also made the WHITE blanket that Jackson is sitting on here.
This blanket will be used for ALL of our precious children when they get blessed.
Here we are as a happy family!
With all the confusion, we totally forgot to get a picture of everyone who came to celebrate.
We had qite a few family members and friends who made the trip up to Ashton.
Of course both sets of grandparents were here.
Spencer, Ariana, and their kids were here.
Kate, Branson, and their kids were here.
(That's all the family that could come!)
Friends that came..
THE CHAPMAN FAMILY
THE SCHAUERHAMER FAMILY
THE ERICKSON FAMILY
THE WILSON FAMILY
AND Andrew's friend from college..John.
It was just so nice to have all of those family and friends here.
We of course had a luncheon after church.
We wanted to do it outside because our house is a bit small.
Unfortunately, it was a bit chilly and there were BEES everywhere.
So, we moved everything INSIDE and it all worked out just fine!
But, here is the spread.
Manwiches on Rhodes rolls.
Potato salad, cole slaw, chips, oreo cheesecake truffles, and peanut butter cake.
The food sure was yummy.
We got some pictures printed to display...
One of Andrew and myself when we were little babies...
a picture of Jackson's feet in my hands shaped like a heart....
the picture on the easel is the one pictured below...I made all the mats out of my supply of scrapbook paper and all of the white frames came from the dollar store that we painted white. PERFECT!
I got this idea for a picture off of Pinterst.
I love it.
It makes me almost cry every time I see it and will definitely make one for all of my kids.
During the luncheon we put on some Living Scriptre videos for the kids to watch. Both grandpas made their way in the room as well and this is what they looked like when I came in to check on everyone....
It is hard to be a grandpa!
Branson and Kate came up from Utah late Saturday night and then left Sunday night. We are so glad they made the sacrifice to come such a long way for such a short visit.
The kids also had a great time playing in some of the left over snow out in our yard.
Jackson went a head and slept during the whole event.
I just loved this weekend.
I loved having my son blessed.
It was so wonderful to hear the blessings that were given to him.
One that really stuck out was that he will be a leader among men!
WE are so blessed to be his parents.
He has such a fun personality and makes anyone who is around him happy.
I know he will continue to do this throughout his life.
We know that Heavenly Father has blessed us with one of His sweet children.
We will do all we can to raise him right and teach him all he needs to know about his Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ.
The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with family.
We made sure to dress Jackson in his Red Socks gear when Dja-Dja was around.
I absolutely LOVE this picture.
It is just PRECIOUS!
Jackson has started to really like to chomp down on fingers.
Gramma was more than happy to lend her finger to let him gnaw on.
I wonder if he is starting the teething process??
Forrest really enjoyed hanging out with Jackson as well.
I guess I should mention Forrest's baptism as well.
Saturday morning Andrew, Jackson and I went down to Rigby for Forrest's baptism.
I can't believe he is old enough to be baptized.
I still remember coming to Utah and holding Forrest as a little baby.
Crazy how fast time flies.
It was a wonderful baptism and Ariana did a great job with the food for the luncheon.
ANYTHING Ariana makes is AMAZING!
She sure does know what she is doing in the kitchen.
What a fun weekend.
Sorry, I will make up for that at Thanksgiving time. =)
One note--Jackson slept through the night, both FRIDAY and SATURDAY night.
It was kinda weird. That was his first time to do it.
I just remember waking up and thinking, "WHOA did I just sleep through the night?"
So glad we had so many family in town.
It was great to see everyone.
It is awesome that our little guy is now blessed.


No comments:
Post a Comment