Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Decorations


This year Andrew and I decided not to put out ALL of our Christmas decorations.  We just put out the tree and all of my Nativities.  We are in the market for a new tree.  I love my tree.  We just want to get a bigger one.  But for now, this one will do.  My dream is to have two trees.  A big really nice one in our Living room and then this one that I have right here with all the FUN ornaments on it for the Family room.  But seeing how we don't have those TWO rooms right now in this home, we will continue to have our little tree!
I also love what I did with the Dollar Store Hurricanes.  It is simple, yet beautiful.

I like to get a new Nativity each year.  The ones that I have gotten so far are not the big extravagant ones, but I love them just the same.  I usually don't spend more than 5 dollars.  One of these days we are going to get a REALLY REALLY REALLY nice one.  Andrew and I even saw one that we would have loved to have, but it was 200+ dollars.  We are not quite that rich yet.
One of my favorites is the one under the Temple picture.  My mom gave it to me last year.  It is a Mary Englebrieght and it is little kids doing the Christmas Pageant.  I am so happy Mom decided to give it to me.  I just love it so much.
 
Here are more of my Nativities.  It was so peaceful in our home with them out. 

These are my two new ones for this year.
My mom bought me the colorful one.  I love the flow and colors in it.
The white one Andrew and I bought for 5$.
It was normally 60$, but it was missing a Wise Man.  We took out the wise man it came with and just have out the Holy Family.
Perfect!  I love the simplicity of it all.

I just love remembering the reason for the season by looking at all of my Nativities.
How blessed we are to live in this time.
How thankful we are to know that Jesus was born in a manger so many years ago.
Merry CHRISTMAS everyone!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Erin Jo Merrill said...

Beautiful nativities! I love seeing pictures of your home. You have such a good designing eye? Decor saavy? Whatever you call it. Please send some of those skills my way. I suck at it. Way to kick that first trimester's butt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails