Monday, August 10, 2009
CAPE COD
We continued our journey east. We have been attempting to get a picture in front of all the state welcome signs we can but have quickly learned this is not as easy as one might think.
We actually got this Connecticut sign on our way out of the state. There was no sign greeting us as we came in. We know that sounds absurd but wait till we get to Maine.
Welcome to Rhode Island. We went up and down this road several times. Rhode Island was another state we had to get on the way out. There was too much construction when we entered the state. So we went in and out of Massachusetts 4 or 5 times before we found this state sign.
I LOVE CAPE COD. I was so glad I had the opportunity to share one of my favorite places with Margie. It was a blast. I spent every summer growing up on the Cape. So many memories, I loved sharing that with Margie and making new ones as well.
I have taken several pictures by this boy over the years. Thought I should add another.
We made it to the ocean and stepped into the water at Craigville beach. It was a beautiful day and even better water.

We went to Nobska Lighthouse. Our first lighthouse of many this trip. They are such beautiful and almost magical places.
We went to Falmouth and saw the Hyannis Sound. For those of you who don't know they are the best A Capella group ever. And they put on an amazing show.
We slept the night out on the Chatham beach. It was amazing. What a great place.
The next day we made our way towards Boston and stopped in to see the rock at Plymouth. It's definitely a rock.
This is the Mayflower II A replica of the Mayflower. Plymouth was ok, but can't hold a candle to the Freedom Trail which was our next stop on our Road Trip of amazingness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ok, where to start! Cape Cod!!! Jealous!!! I was born in Rhode Island....
Aaaand, I went to one of the first Hyannis Sound concerts EVER! (there first summer as a group)
At least Rhode Island is fairly small. The Rock makes me laugh. I thought it would be "more" somehow. Sounds like ya'll are having so much fun!
I actually like Plymonth more than Cape Cod. I think it would be neat little town to live in. I loved it there. How awesome to spend summers at the Cape. Wow.
oh, and the capitol building for Rhode Island looked about as big as the state :)
Post a Comment