Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Upcoming Classroom!

Andrew and I have been working extremely hard in my classroom. Seeing how we are going on a four week vacation, that only leaves fives days before school starts. Not enough time to set up a brand-new classroom. Even though after all these years
I have gotten really good at setting up
classrooms in a day or two.

***Second year teaching--got hired the Tuesday evening before school started the following Monday---however, it was Back to School night on Thursday. It gave me one and half days to set up the classroom. But Wednesday was full of meetings, so I had Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Not only did I have to put my stuff into the classroom I also had to go through all the retired teachers stuff that was left behind. Good thing I had Sarah, Ben, and my mom to help*** ***5th year teaching I got hired in January at Meridian Private School. But I did not start teaching until the end of February. Oh wow, Margie you had a whole month to set up your classroom....wrong...the previous teacher didn't leave until Friday...I was starting on Monday. The school was being used on Friday night and Saturday morning. That gave me Saturday afternoon and into the wee hours of the morning. Good thing DeeDee and Erin Jo were there to help. Oh and did I mention I had to go through all of the stuff that was left over and basically clean out the entire classroom and then move my stuff in. It was a mess.*** ***7th year teaching...I got hired a week before school started and had only a couple days to set up my classroom. Luckily I didn't have to clean out too much in that classroom. It was actually pretty nice setting that one up. Plus I had the pleasure of Sandi's company! ***8th year teaching---I thought I would have so many weeks to set up my classroom, seeing how I moved to Rexburg at the beginning of August and didn't start teaching until the end of August. A whole month...oh but we quickly forget that a week of that was spent in the hospital and another week was spent recovering and the next week I couldn't really move too much. Thank goodness I had the Chapman's, Natalie, and my husband to help set up! Again I had to clean out all the old stuff left over from the previous teacher and move my stuff in.
Why do teachers think that is okay!! ***

Back to this classroom! The last couple of weeks, Andrew and I have had to rely on the custodians to get into the school...seeing how I did not have a key. There was only one day that I was not able to get in. I still worked on stuff at home. A teacher's job is never done. Yea for us, when we were up at the school on Tuesday, the secretary was there and she gave me my keys!! I feel so independant now.
I can go up there whenever I want!

Andrew has been so good. I really did score with an amazing husband! He has helped me out so much in my classroom. He actually put together my favorite place in the classroom. THE BOOK STOP! I have had one in every classroom I have set up...all 7 of them! The last two Andrew has created my tree. They are much better than what I ever made in my previous classrooms. He is an artist! Today, I took some pictures of The Book Stop. I will put other pictures up of my classroom when I take them. I just look at this corner and relax!!

I am really looking forward to this school year.
I think it is going to be the best yet.The Book Stop
(Richie made the sign back in 2001,
for my very first classroom)
Look at this awesome tree!
I organized all my books this summer.
They are all in an ExCel Worksheet.
They are now in the Book Stop
in Alphabetical Order by Author
All of the books have a label on them,
like a real library!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails