Fortunately, it was still TONS of fun! It had been a long time since I had laughed as hard as I had last night! And, Andrew won the game! So I may not have won, but at least Andrew did!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Balderdash Blues
Andrew and I ventured over to our friends house last night to help celebrate Luke's Birthday! At the end of the night we decided to start a game of Balderdash. Now deep inside I recalled the time we played this game at the Sprouse's house as a Youth group. Kerstin and I were partners and were not very good at coming up with definitions...so we decided to just keep a couple of the cards with us and copy some of the REAL definitions to other words for the word that was being discussed that round! It helped us out just a little bit! But, I vowed right then and there that I would never play that game again! I just was not good at it! Well over 10 years later there I was sitting in a Living Room with 5 other people saying, let's play that one! Which one? I wondered? Oh no....that one..BALDERDASH!! I was stuck I had no way out! I didn't want to be the Party Pooper that every party has...so I decided to not reveal my uneasy feelings for such a game and went along with the crowd and played. The first word was given...the definitions were written...laughter was shared...and then we picked which one it was going to be! Low and Behold....I choose the right definition! I got to move TWO places. The thought crossed my mind...maybe within the last 10 years or so, I have become better at this game. The second word was given, the definitions were written....laughter was shared....and then we picked...I did not pick the right definition and no one picked my definition....I stayed right where I was! To make a long story short....After 15 rounds I was still right where I was after those two moves I made for the very first word! No one ever picked my definition...even though I used my trick that I did with Kerstin so many years ago and just wrote down real definitions but with different words. Still no one picked mine. And I never got the right one! Oh dear! I realized right then and there that I still was very bad at this here game and I should most likely never play it again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment