Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our trip to Idaho

July 28th---

Early to rise, we start packing up the truck!  Mom and Dad were there to guide us in the process and we also had Jose and Paco.  About two hours later the truck was ready to go and so were we.  So, after saying our final "See you laters" to the Hillmans and Mom and Dad we were off into the wide blue yonder.  Our first stop was in Lubbock, Texas.  We were on a time crunch due to thefact that we had to get there for our Open House that started at seven.  Just as luck would have it, we missed one of our turn 
offs and that caused us to get there at 7:00!  Yikes!  My dress alone took 20 minutes to get into! However, we still had an enjoyable drive up there after seeing all of the windmills that are now dotting West Texas!  When we got to the Davis' we ran in, we said our quick hellos, took showers and got dressed! We were out meeting the crowd at 7:45!  Not too bad!  It was an extremely enjoyable night.  Andrew met my Lubbock family and friends!  It was so nice to see everyone again!  My goodness...Lubbock has such a place in my heart!  I love it!





July 29th---

Tour of Lubbock will begin!  First off, we saw Shanna's new home!  Then we went past all of the houses that I had lived in!  I was surprised I even remembered how to get to them. Then we went to the Institute Building and chilled with Brother Merrill.  Then off to Tech!  I hardly even recognized  the campus anymore! And they had all of these new apartments right off of the stadium. WOW!!  Crazy!  More tour of Lubbock....down SlideAve.  the Temple, 82nd street.  You know all of the hot spots in town!  No worries, after the dinner at Krista's that night we stopped at Bahama Bucks, so Andrew could get a feel for what goodness tastes like! It was  a great day in Lubbock!  It is hard to believe all the changes that has occured the growth it will continue to experience!

July 30th---

The majority of today was spent in the UHAUL!!!!!!!!  Oh for the love of no fun!  Luckily, we had our laptop connected to a stereo so we had some nice tunes to jam to!  The thing about UHauls is that they don't go very fast...even though Andrew liked to push the limit...often!  And the floor gets extrememly hot!  I almost burnt the bottom of my feet a number of times.  All in all we survived the trip....we left Lubbock at 7 in the AM and got to Salt Lake at 12 midnight!  Such a long day!  The highlight of the trip would definately be the pit stop at the Four Corners.  I have always wanted to go there and now Andrew and I have fulfilled that dream of mine!  It was really fun! It was little.  Nothing that I expected.  I thought it would have been much bigger than that.  But I guess the point where four states comes together can only be so big!  Andrew got a picture of us in each state and were on our way!  We are all about randomness and fun!  We also stopped at Billy the Kids grave in New Mexico..that was also exciting! 

July 31st---

Thursday was spent in South Jordan with Andrew's family!  During the day we were on our own because everyone else was at work. So we wandered around the new neighborhood next to the Townhomes and tried to get into as many houses as possible.  We were successful on two and then we also looked at
the Model home.  They were pretty nice.  At about 1:30 we got a phone call from Kate asking us to come get her.  She was right by the entrance of the neighborhood and could not drive her car anymore because her tire popped right off and rolled down the hill!!!  You heard me right, it popped off!  It did not go flat, it seriously came right off of her car.  The axle broke causing her tire to fly off.  She skidded on the road for a good 10 yards leaving a gash in the road.  We ended up chillin' with her by her car until her husband, Branson, could get there and then they waited for things to get fixed.  Branson's brother helped fix it!  Crazy the things that happen!  That night was full of food and games.  We introduced Life Twists and Turns to the family and they loved it!  So, as if Kate's wheel was not enough excitement for one day, that night was the beginning of a very long week.  This was the night that I started having severe stomach and back pains and a fever.  I tried so hard to get all those symptoms to go away. Andrew went to Wal-Mart at 4 in the morning to get me medicine, but nothing seemed to help!  So, needless to say it was not a very enjoyable night for Andrew or me. 

August 1---

We woke up and I was still in pain so we decided to go to the hospital.  Just as a expected, diverticulitus.  It has come back!  I got it four years ago, and now it has returned.  The Urgent Care that we went to was a bit shady, but we continued forth with what the doctor told us to do!  We went and picked up the antibiotics and decided to continue to Rexburg.  We had to get up there.  I was sick!  I still had a fever, but we pressed on.  That was the longest four hours I have ever experienced and I am sure Andrew has experienced as well.  We even were able to stop on the side of the road for me to throw - up!  Apparently, I was suppose to take the medicine with food...oops! We arrived in Rexburg at about 3. It was a good thing we came now, because they are closed on Saturdays. We would not have been able to move in!  Good thing we suffered through that trip!  Finally, we are here in Rexburg and we are in our apartment.  Andrew as so kind to get the mattresses out the very first thing!  He told me to go to sleep and he would take care of everything!  The Chapman's came over to help and they had the truck unloaded in no time.  That night was spent with me in bed and Andrew starting to unpack.  Oh goodness, not the way I imagined spending my first night in Rexburg...sicker than sick and just not loving life!  Luckily, I got better in time, after many fevers and a hospital stay.  And life is much better, even if we are still in Rexburg!!  =)  We love our life here and are so excited for all of the adventures we will have!  Oh goodness.  How much fun we will have!

1 comment:

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

Margie! You live in REXBURG now?! WE LIVE IN REXBURG!! Where are you guys!? We'll have to come over and say hi! Check out our blog if you haven't. I love the random updates from friends and family we haven't seen in so long! Let us know if there's anything we can help you with since we're such pros at being Rexburgers and you're so new! Haha!! Welcome to Idaho!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails