One of my most favorite times of the year in Texas is SPRINGTIME!
Not only because the weather is nice enough to be outside and not get heat exhaustion, but also because the BLUEBONNETS come out in full force! They line the highways and pretty much every open field around. I love to see them.
Last year we found a church up in Denton that has them all over and it make for some pretty good picture taking....and SAFE picture taking...you aren't on the side of a highway with your kids!
Andrew got the PICTURE shot...up above!
I did not...Down below!
We tried to have Jackson hold Eleanor.
AS you can see that DID NOT go over very well.
Some more fun shots!
I love this one...it is like the boys are saying.."Hey world, Look we have a baby sister!"
They sure do love her!
I also TRIED to get some good shots of the boys...
Jackson was too afraid of the bees...and the tall grass brushing up on his legs was really bothering him...
Sammy is such a goof!
Don't you LOVE Sammy's armband.
His Uncle David gave that to him, and he pretty much wore it everyday for a week!
The Garner Family met us at the Bluebonnets and I took some pictures for them.
Then we all headed to Denton's Easter Egg Hunt.
We had to wait for quite a while..it isn't easy keeping these kids entertained when they see eggs in the grass right in front of them! Andrew took them down to the canal to see the water.
Then they RAN back, so they wouldn't miss the egg hunt!
I LOVE the way Jackson runs!
He puts his whole BODY into it!!!
Ah, my sweet son. I love him!
Sammy was freaking out trying to get down from here. We kept telling him to just let go, but he didn't want to hear that at all. I am pretty sure he thought the ground was millions of feet below. Eventually he did let go and was quite proud of himself that he survived such a big drop. I love it!
Sammy waiting for the Egg Hunt to begin.
Just checking out how many eggs will be able to fit in his bag.
Jackson scoping out the field...planning out his strategy!
Sammy getting ready...
All the kids getting ready.
And they were off!
Parents weren't aloud to help, so for the first couple minutes it was going at a really nice pace. Then all of a sudden all of the parents fled into the field. We figured we had gotten enough and headed out of there before getting trampled. It was insane. I am glad my boys were able to get some eggs.
Checking out the candy inside.
They didn't know there was going to be anything INSIDE of the eggs.
This made them even HAPPIER!
Eleanor slept the entire time!
It was actually Eleanor's first day to church!
She did great and slept most of the time we were there.
I loved being back at church, too!
It was great to be there on such a wonderful Sunday.
I sure am happy that I know that my Redeemer LIVES!
That afternoon the Garners and Harvey came over for Easter Dinner.
It was so great to get out our nice dishes and celebrate with family.
We had some yummy food too!
Ham, Deviled Eggs, Cole Slaw, fruit, potatoes.....
and this yummy bread that Kate made!
This bread was the reason we had the dinner in the first place...well that and because it was Easter!
But Kate really wanted to try to make this bread and knew ham and all the fixings would be great to go with it, but didn't want to go to all that trouble for just her family...so it became dinner at our house and I am so glad it did! It really was nice to sit down as a family and have a great meal together!
The kids were happy about all the food too!
For dessert I made a Carrot cake from scratch.
It was pretty good!
Overall we had such a GREAT Easter weekend!
Andrew had Friday off...which I loved having him home one extra day and then all the fun and festivities of the egg hunt and Easter dinner was really awesome.
I am glad we live so close to family and are able to get together so frequently.
No comments:
Post a Comment