March 17, 2014
Today is the day Eleanor Anne joined our family!
It has been a pretty easy pregnancy.
Every time I went to the doctor he would ask me if I had any questions or concerns...
NOPE! All is well!
Eleanor didn't really KICK or make HUGE movements inside of me, but she would press up against me to let me know she was there. Didn't really get the hiccups, or anything like that, but I always knew she was there waiting to come out and enter the world.
Now that she is here, I can totally see her "WOMB" personality in her "EARTHLY" personality.
I can tell already that she is just so gentle and loving.
I am so glad she is with us!
Eleanor was born at 11:31, Monday, March 17, 2014
We went into the hospital at about 8:30.
She was a planned C-section.
The boys were both C-sections, so she HAD to be one.
But this time, it was planned.
A completely different experience.
We knew a month ahead of time the time and date of her birth.
We chose St. Patty's Day, so that she could share a special day with her Aunts Kati, Elizabeth, and Ariana.
We were able to get everything ready before that day.
Going to bed Sunday night was a bit strange.
I knew I was going to have a baby the next day.
I just wanted EVERYTHING to go ok.
On the way to the hospital we stopped at the Post Office so I could mail packages for ETSY! =)
Then we were there.
At the Hospital.
I got all hooked up!
Not too bad, but my least favorite thing to do in the world.
Andrew even was able to get some work done while we waited.
But before we knew it, it was time to go to the OR!
I wasn't even able to watch any shows while we waited.
It was so quick.
I got pushed into the OR around 10:45.
I got the meds...gosh I really don't like that part.
Not because of the needle and all that jazz, but because my legs feel like they weigh a ton and all I want to do is MOVE them, but of course I can't! But believe me, I would much rather feel that way, then feel them cut into me!
The OR nurses and doctors were very nice.
At one point, I said, "Can you just lay my legs together."
They all said they were!
Andrew got to come in and then it was time to get started.
Everything went really well!
It seemed to take a bit longer than with the boys, but I am pretty sure it was because this one wasn't an Emergency. They were able to take their time. They didn't have to rush to get her out.
At 11:31 I heard her CRY!
I could see her for a brief second before they put her in the bassinet to weigh her and everything.
Her little head got knicked, so they had to work on that for a bit.
The whole time a nurse stood at the end of the bassinet, so I wasn't able to see her.
But Andrew was! He said she was BEAUTIFUL!
I have a baby girl!
She is healthy!
And she is MINE!
A couple minutes later, Andrew got to bring her over to me.
I guess this is the hardest part of a C-Section.
Seeing your baby, but not being able to hold your baby!
She was already looking for FOOD!
She wanted to eat.
They took her and Andrew away.
Andrew got to carry her to the room and hang out with her until I came back!
Once I was there they handed her to me and she started to burse RIGHT AWAY!
She was a natural, and I'd like to think, by now...so am I!
Gosh! The rest of the day is such a blur!
(Maybe I should not have waited a month to write about it)
But I am pretty sure had I written about it that day, it still would have been a blur!
I do remember ITCHING like CRAZY!
The pain meds they gave me made me ITCH!
But I would much rather be itching than feeling lots of pain!
The boys came and met their little sister!
AND LOVED her right away!
It was so fun to see them with their little sister.
Can't wait for them all to grow up together and her older brothers protect her!
They didn't bathe her for a while, because of her cut!
They knicked her just a bit, while cutting into me!
All is well though, and she is fine. Most likely won't even have a scar.
Andrew, the boys and the Garners, stayed for maybe an hour.
Then it was time for them to go home.
They couldn't handle being in that hospital room for very long.
The rest of the night was just My little Eleanor and I!
(And a visit from Uncle Harvey)
(And some FACETIME with Gramma)
She is just so precious!
I love every bit of her and am so happy and blessed that every thing went so well!
I am just use to these crazy birth stories, with my boys, it feels so weird to not have one with her.
Everything went so smoothly!
So, there you have it!
My precious Eleanor is here!








No comments:
Post a Comment