Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November Happenings

 Ok, now that you all know that I was going through the first trimester in November, hopefully that will give way to forgiveness for me being a SLACKER on this here blog.  The last thing I wanted to do was ANYTHING!  Just wanted to sit back and do nothing, so that is mostly what I did.  But, did not want to miss out on sharing events from November.

First off, it was my friend, Laura's wedding.  Andrew was in Chicago for it, so I had to go by myself.  It was fun, but wish my love could have been with me!  The Idaho Falls Temple looked absolutely beautiful.  The foliage around it were these wonderful Fall colors and it was breath taking.


 The happily married couple!  Such a fun story.  Laura moved to Ashton a year and a half ago.  She didn't know anyone, accepted the job for Music Director at the North Fremont School.  Met up with the missionaries, baptized October 31st, 2009.  Met chad in December 2009....engaged May 2010...MARRIED November 2010!  Her life sure did change all in one year. 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew and I also had the opportunity to go down to Utah to see Richie perform as ROMEO!!!
 We went to the BYU Cougars football game!  
Thank you love for being AWESOME and getting us tickets!
 We were pretty much at the VERY top of the stadium!


 Then we headed over to the Theater.
 This is not the theater Richie performed in, but at first glance I thought it said Margaret's Theatre.  That would have been cool!
 LOOK IT IS ROMEO!!!!
My Dad just looks like a floating head in this picture!

A small side note!  This was also the weekend we told everyone we were PREGNANT!!  It was fun to finally TELL everyone!  They are all just so excited for us.

 We had to leave on Sunday...a day earlier than we wanted.  But there was a HUGE storm coming in so we had to beat it.  We still drove through some pretty nasty weather.  This is the front of our car full of ICE!
 We were unable to make it back to Ashton, so we hung out at the my brother and sister-in-laws for Sunday and Monday.  It was fun!  I love my neices and nephews.  Here they are showing off their MUSCLES!


 We were also able to play this game that Elizabeth made for Mom.  It is all about the U-crew and the memories we have from growing up.  Ariana and Andrew were good sports and played along.  It is a great game and can't wait to play it again!
 We finally headed home Monday night.  AH....this is what we came home to.  Over the weekend Ashton received about 2-3 feet.  Yep, we missed the blizzard.  But, we came home to see the remains of it all.  Andrew had to shovel out our path and driveway.  I stayed in the car and watched.  What a wonderful husband!  I hope you can tell from the picture above that the snow comes to Andrew's KNEES!  Crazy!  I was happy though because school was cancelled MONDAY & TUESDAY! 

Tuesday, we were snowed in.  ALL the roads around us were closed...even the HIGHWAY!   The next day we got a visit from the Schauerhamer's.  We hadn't seen them for about 20 days.  They had just gotten back from AFRICA and ROME.  The only way to travel for them was by snow machine.  This is how they went to the store that day!  Only in Ashton.  It was so good to see them and we so happy they stopped by to say hello. 

 Here is the school....yikes!  There was a ton of snow!  All from ONE weekend!
 This was the plate of turkey sandwiches one of my student's mom made for our Thanksgiving feast at school.  Super creative.  I love it!
 It is TURKEY TIME!  Andrew and I were hosting it at our house this year. 

 The turkey is all stuffed and ready to go in the oven.  People said it was the BEST turkey they had ever had.  SWEET!
 Here is what the table looked like, minus the plates and food, oh and PEOPLE!
 Here are the guys watching FOOTBALL.  The Patriots were playing.  My dad was happy!

 It is almost time to eat!  Get excited!

 We had Andrew's parents and my parents and RICHIE come and join us for dinner.  It was great company and great food!
 Wow!  Look at this, Richie and Dad did the dishes!!!!! 
 And then of course we played KARNAXIS!  Mom Uminski took it!!!  She won!
 My Daddy and me!!!  And he wonders where I get it from?!?!?
Thanksgiving was a great time.
We loved having our parents and Richie join us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS:  Why wouldn't I love my job when I have a principal that is Batman and a secretary that is the Husky Hero!!  I love where I work!!

Hope your November was great and you had a wonderful December too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails