Thursday, May 15, 2014

Eleanor's Blessing Day

Saturday, May 3, 2014
10:30 AM

 We had Eleanor's Blessing at home.
It was Stake Conference this weekend.
I actually LOVE doing the blessings at home. 
Even though I really wanted to show off her BEAUTIFUL dress to my friends at church!
My Visiting Teacher brought over the tulips and I just love them!
They were even in Eleanor's pink.
 Eleanor's Nana made her dress.
It. Is. Beautiful!
And her Aunt Elizabeth made her headband!
When I was getting her dressed....
I got quite teary eyed.
She just looked so gorgeous in it.
I had a brief moment of thought of her up in heaven with her Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ!
 I am so blessed to have this sweet Child of God in my life.
 I am so blessed to be her MOM!
She just makes me so happy!
 She is a bit silly at times....
 Maybe it is because bigger brother is standing there making her laugh!
GOSH!  I just love my family so much!
When did I get so lucky?
 We of course took pictures outside.
I seriously can't even believe I have THREE kids!

 I am so glad that my mom and dad were able to be here and that Andrew's mom and dad were able to be there too!  It really was a special day with family!

At about 10:45 we all gathered together to give Eleanor her blessing.
My dad gave an opening prayer and then Andrew gave the blessing.

In her blessing she was blessed with many things.
I know she is choice daughter of God who has been saved to come to Earth at this time.
A few things that stuck out to me in her blessing were:
That she will be a force of good for this world and have the opportunity to be a light that shines forth on many people. And that she will have the opportunity to touch lives in many parts of the world and in many cultures!  
Sounds like she has an exciting life ahead of her.

 Then we ATE!
Yummy!
Hawaiian Haystacks.
One of my faves!
And I was able to use my Christmas present from my parents.
My cool Lazy Susan serving dishes!
I LOVE THEM!
It was great having my mom here a few days before the blessing, because she set up all the food.Cut all the veggies (except the tomatoes and cucumbers that came from Kate) and put them in their dishes and made sure everything looked fantastic!
 My mom also tried out two new desserts!
The strawberry angel food cake dessert was awesome.
Friday night when she was getting it all ready, Jackson was determined to get some of that cake.."Mom, I hungry! Mom, I NEEEEED that!" As he pointed to the cake. We gave him and Sammy a small piece and then when Mom wasn't looking Jackson reached up on the counter, grabbed a piuece, and slouched down and tip toed into the dining room.
That little SNEAK!
(It was pretty darn cute though)
The dessert with the whipped cream and red cake was AWESOME!
My mom had the idea from a pumpkin cake she made at Thanksgiving.
She took strawberrines and made a puree out of them and added them to a yellow cake mix.
When it was done cooking she poked holes all over the cake and then added a can of sweentened condensed milk.
Then let it cool and topped it off with the whipped cream.
Gosh, it was so good!
My new favorite dessert!

The little kids were so cute eating their lunch outside.

It was such a great day.
I am so blessed to be surrounded with amazing family.
I am so glad that everyone was able to come and join in this occasion for Eleanor.
She really is one special little girl.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails