Thursday, August 2, 2012

4th of July in Ashton


Well, since Andrew accepted the job in Plano our lives have been QUITE busy.
Our house was pretty much all ready packed, but we did have quite a bit more packing to do.
AND...we are really excited and blessed that we get to celebrate ONE more 4th of July here in Ashton!  It really is one of our favorite things about Ashton and BOY are we going to miss it.

Here's to the 4th of July...
1st things 1st...we went to the breakfast before the parade.
How could anyone pass up pancakes, eggs, hash browns, and sausage? 

Then it was time to settle in for the parade.
We did have an hour in between the breakfast and the parade.
We decided to set up shop next to the Schauerhamers on Main Street and then we walked around a bit. We walked through the Farmer's Market and over to where the parade was setting up.
Saw this cool little number...that is one small wagon!
AND we got an up close and personal look at the BAUM FARM float.
AWESOME!
They started putting it together on MONDAY!
It is now Wednesday and I say...they did an AWESOME JOB!
The girls were so cute sitting on it and the float just looked outstanding.
Good Job Baum Farms!
(You definitely should have won 1st place...but who am I?)
Here is Jackson eating some PRE PARADE candy...
Just waiting for MORE!
The parade has started.
MAN do I love this parade for so many reasons.
I love seeing these men walk down Main Street holding the flags...
The man on the far right is our neighbor, Bob!
Such a good man!
I love how Morgan can just get off her float and walk over to our seats in the middle of the parade.
I love how Jackson loves the parade!
I loved seeing all of the CLASSIC cars cruising down Main Street!
I love that I know soo many people IN the parade!
I love that they pass our CHOCOLATE MILK!
I love that all around me are people I know and love!
I love that on some of the floats are my old students and they threw candy at me...really hard!



I loved this guy dressed in a uniform all made our of tires and spraying a hose on all of the spectators! He got people DRENCHED!

This was my favorite...
Dave's the store I love so much was actaully GRILLING on the back of their float...
THEY GAVE ME A HAMBURGER!
Are you kidding me?
Only in Ashton can you take a hamburger off of the back of the float..
It was a really good hamburger too!
That was such a genius idea of a float!!!!!!!!
I love that they passed out Otter Pops!
I loved watching Jackson get sooo excited for all of the floats!
AND I love that we get to see the parade TWICE!
That's right...
TWICE! 
It goes down Main Street and then back again.
The parade is so nice you get to see it TWICE!


Sure do love my family!
What a great parade it was this year.
One of the bests I have seen!
I am so glad that we were able to stick around Ashton for the festivities.

One of my students brought Jackson this balloon!
After the AWESOME parade we headed to the park for more fun.
We hung out with the Schauerhamers and the Baums.
Just chilled under the trees and talked it up.
We did walk around a bit and said our SEE YA LATERS (cuz we are definitely going to be coming back to Ashton someday)  to some of our dear friends!
Jackson OF course had a great time playing with his friends.
That night we hung out and watched the fireworks with the Schauerhamers.
It was a wonderful evening...full of fun!
I'm glad we were able to stay in Ashton and enjoy this 4th of July.
They really do know how to throw a good party!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails