Tuesday, April 3rd Andrew finished ALL of his college classes and assignments.
He officially ended his college career.
When he came home I had our "YOU ROCK" plate out.
(Mom Walker made it for us at Color Me Mine last summer.)
This plate will be used forever! It is for any of those occasions in our lives when someone does something good.)
This is the first time we have been able to use it.
So FUN!
He also came home to a SURPRISE present.
I was really proud of the present I gave him.
I started a quilt about two weeks before Jackson was born, BACK IN JUNE!
I was making it for Andrew...
Once Jackson came the quilt took a back burner.
I worked on it randomly here and there...
About a month before Andrew was going to be done with school I decided I was going to FINISH the quilt. SOOOO..I worked on it on Tuesdays and Thursdays when he was in school. I finished it Tuesday morning before he came home.
Go HERE to see the QUILT!!!!
I made Andrew some muffins for his lunch.
I know that doesn't seem like much, but he loved it!
Friday, April 6th Andrew graduated.
Andrew's mom, dad, and sister came up for the ceremony.
They got in at noon...welcomed with snowstorm.
We went and ate out at Gingerbread Run Cafe (a restaurant in Ashton that our friend owns.)
Then at about 3:30 we headed down to Rexburg for all the fun!
While trying to find our seats, we somehow ended up in the basement of the Conference Center. We were lost!!!
We ran into CHAPMAN!!!!!!
Family photo!
Andrew had to meet in the massive gym with all the other graduates.
This is one of Andrew's really good friends..John!
YAY!!! Andrew you are graduating!!!!
We had to wait for about an hour.
Good thing Mom brought her iPad...ok honestly...WE...ok...I brought Mom's iPad.
Kate and I took turns playing games to pass the time.
Jackson was quite BUSY!
He was suppose to sleep during the whole thing.
But, he just couldn't miss out on his daddy's big day!!!
The Keynote speaker was Elder Ballard.
He gave such an amazing talk.
It was very positive
He told the graduates to replace fear with faith.
To be positive.
The economy will get better.
It was exactly what I needed to hear.
If you would like to read it, you can go HERE.
After the Commencement Ceremony we went to the Hart Auditorium to watch Andrew WALK!!!!!!
He got to sit by his friends.
Brian and John.
Jackson finally gave in and went to sleep!
AND here we are EVERYONE...
ANDREW HAS HIS DIPLOMA!
He has graduated from college.
He is the first one in his immediate family to receive a college degree.
We are all so proud of him.
Andrew was such an amazing student.
I really hope our kids get HIS study skills and NOT mine.
Every semester he put forth 110% towards his studies.
And I know he will do the same in whatever job he gets.
FAMILY PHOTO!
We couldn't leave Rexburg that night without taking a pic by the sign. Right behind this sign is the building that Andrew spent the majority of his time...the SMITH building.
We took another picture together on Sunday when we were all dressed nice and the weather was beautiful outside. Sure do love my two guys.
I am soooo glad that I have them in my life.
Congrats Andrew!
You are one heck of a husband!
And an amazing COLLEGE Graduate!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations Andrew! It really is a big deal that you have your college degree. SO awesome. Margie, you look FABULOUS in the little family pic with Jackson sleeping.
Post a Comment