Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Husband, the seamtress

I was working hard on updating my school's blog, when I looked up and saw my husband pulling out the black sheets. "What are you doing with those, Andrew?" "Making our Halloween costumes!" We have been having SUCH a struggle this year thinking of what we are going to be. We have a party on Friday and we need to be ready! Finally, Andrew decided that we are going as Ron Weasley and Hermoine Granger. Which I found to be fitting seeing how I have read four of the books this year, (I am currently finishing the last book! I love it.) and Andrew has red hair, like Ron, and a die hard Harry Potter fan. That is that. We are going as Ron and Hermoine. Now for the costume FOR FREE! Andrew had a brillant idea to turn our black sheets into robes. It turned out so well. I love him. He is just so cute. Here is how he made the robes....

First he measured himself to see where to cut.
Then he cut! This is actually him working on the second one. It was easier the second time because he just used the first one as a pattern!
Then he sewed away! Yes, my husband sews! Which I am grateful for! Someone has to make our kids some clothes!Here he walking away! LOVE it! We have ROBES!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails